Join UsIf you are an accounting major at the University of Iowa, we invite you to join the Alpha Pi Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi. You can learn more about us by browsing these webpages, talking to our officers, or attending one of our meetings.
- Strong Scholastic Record
- Accounting majors without an accounting grade-point average must have a 3.25 cumulative grade-point average
- Accounting majors with an accounting grade-point average must have a 3.0 grade-point average both cumulatively and in accounting
- Active Participation
- Candidates must actively participate in BAP events. Candidates who have more than one unexcused absense in a semester will be removed from the Candidate List.
- Candidates who are off-campus on internships, etc., are excused from participation.
Professional Activities (25 hours required per academic year)
- Tuesday Professional Meetings
- Meet the Firms Night
- Spring Banquet
- Mock Interviews
- Field Trips
- Regional and National Meetings
Service Activities (15 hours required per academic year)
- Tutoring and grading for 6A:1 and 6A:2
- VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
- Bingo with the elderly
- Ronald McDonald House
- Tippie Build