Business Student Ambassador Organization (BSAO)
BSAO is now recruiting! Use the online form to submit your application. For more information, click the "How to Join" tab.
Who We Are
The Business Student Ambassador Organization (BSAO) represents the Tippie College of Business and the University of Iowa at a variety of college functions. Ambassadors interact with Pappajohn Business Building visitors, acting as hosts at college functions, providing information and assistance to visiting groups, and assisting in student recruitment activities.
Ambassadors gain awareness of college resources, develop leadership and mentoring skills, and increase their involvement within the college of business. Ambassadors also utilize their skills in public speaking, event planning, and networking as they interact with guests and constituents.
Members of BSAO:
- Serve as an active member of a prominent student organization
- Share their excitement and experience as an undergraduate student at Tippie
- Become more engaged with faculty, staff, and peers
- Inspire prospective students to become part of Tippie
- Give time and talent back to their college
What We Do
Our duties include hosting college functions, providing information and assistance to visiting groups, facilitating student recruitment activities, and most importantly, providing answers to questions from prospective business students and their families at college events. Ambassadors typically give 5-10 tours per semester and help with 7-12 events per semester. Ambassadors are paid $8/hour.
The Business Student Ambassador Organization assists with the following events.
- Admit One kick-off
- Daily tours of the Pappajohn Business Building
- Direct Admit seminar panels
- Peer Mentor Program
- Hawkeye Visit Days
- Business Preview Days
- Transfer Preview Days
- Biz BBQ
- Major information sessions
- Tippie clubbing
- Tippie Fest
- Family Weekend
- Business Week
- Tippie Homecoming picnic
Routing Adeline Wang
Vice President of Scheduling
Vice President of Training
Vice President of Marketing
How to Join
BSAO recruits ambassadors in the spring semester using an application and interview process. Ambassadors are selected during the spring and begin formal training the following fall semester.
Applicants must be admitted to the college (or have an application on file for the following fall semester) and have at least two semesters remaining before they graduate.
All ambassadors must attend a mandatory training seminar every Wednesday from 9:30-10:20 a.m. throughout the academic year. In addition, ambassadors are required to complete approximately 15 hours of events and tours each semester.
Use the link below to submit an application!
Desirable Ambassador Attributes
- Excited about Tippie
- 15 hours to volunteer each semester
- Schedule a tour today to visit the Tippie College of Business and Pappajohn Business Building
- Learn more about the Undergraduate Program in Business and its many opportunities
- Read about the first-year experiences of current Tippie undergraduates
- Traverse over 150 years of Tippie history and tradition
- See where the Tippie College of Business ranks nationally
- Find fun facts and trivia about the college
- Consider studying abroad in places like Italy, Spain, Paris, or London
- Explore the 23+ business student organizations at Iowa
- Visit our Facebook page for college news and more perspectives from current ambassadors