Certificate in Problem Solving & Decision Making
The KT Problem Solving and Decision Making tools are integrated into every class, activity, and project in the program. During the first week, all students complete intensive KT training. After successfully completing several KT progress assessments during the year, you will receive the KT Certificate in Problem Solving and Decision Making.
The KT process for problem solving and decision making is used and taught in major organizations worldwide. It is a conscious, step-by-step approach for successfully solving problems, making good decisions, and analyzing potential risks and opportunities. Their innovative methodologies help you maximize your critical thinking skills, systematically organize and prioritize information, set objectives, evaluate alternatives, and analyze impact. The common language and process allows people with diverse content knowledge and skills to successfully resolve business issues.
During workshop training, coached applications will help you address the type of problems and decisions you face during the program. The process is so effective it is "the way things are done" at CIMBA and is the basis for developing your key process capabilities necessary for the effective practice of management. The training will develop specific questioning techniques that will improve your ability to:
- Find the true cause of a problem before investing in expensive corrections.
- Develop preventive actions to protect your business plans.
- Deal rationally and constructively with emergency situations.
- Use a common language to improve communication.
- Justify your recommendations to higher levels of management with structured thinking and documentation.
- Learn to manage risk.
- Learn how to question incisively to access relevant information.
- Learn a problem-solving process you can use under extreme time pressure.
- Break down large concerns into manageable pieces and prioritize them.