Fundamental to the success of the Tippie Executive MBA Program is the experience and quality of its participants. Once admitted, each student is expected to contribute their professional insights and unique perspectives to classroom discussions and group activities. Admission into the Executive MBA Program is heavily based upon a candidate's professional background, leadership experience, and demonstrated ability to manage the rigors of academic course work. A typical Executive MBA student has at least seven years of business leadership experience.
Not everyone is suited for the Executive MBA Program. Some candidates might be a better fit for our Full-time MBA Program, or the Program for Professionals and Managers (MBA-PM). If you're unsure which program is best for you, we invite you to browse our website and compare our programs.
The following checklist outlines the requirements for admission into the Executive MBA program.
- *A brief eligibility review with the program director (a face-to-face discussion or phone interview)
- Completed application (online application)
- An up-to-date resume
- Transcript(s) from all post high school two or four year educational institutions, whether or not a degree was conferred.
- Essay outlining your interest and intent for an MBA degree, and how your experience will be of value to the class. (1,200 words or fewer)
- Letter of support from your sponsoring organization (if applicable)
- Letter of recommendation from a professional colleague
* Interview with the Program Director and/or Associate Director