Full-time MBA students are able to pursue a minor in a Career Academy outside their primary Career Academy. Minors are also an option for joint degree candidates (MHA, JD, PharmD, and MD) who are unaffiliated with a Career Academy. Students must earn a grade of B or better in their minor courses in addition to the listed course requirements below.
To earn a minor in Marketing, students must complete 9 semester hours of MBA courses offered by the Marketing Department (in addition to successfully completing or waiving 6N:211 Marketing Management). The following courses are approved for the minor in Marketing.
- Applied Marketing Research
- Marketing Analytics*
- Strategic Brand Positioning
- Product and Pricing Decisions
- Customer Analysis
- Marketing Communications and Promotions
- Managing Distribution Networks
* course enrollment requires consent of instructor
Courses may only count once for the minor in Marketing.
To earn a minor in Finance, students must complete 9 semester hours in MBA courses offered by the Finance Department (in addition to successfully completing or waiving 6N:225 Managerial Finance). The following courses are approved for the minor in Finance. Students must complete at least one course in bold:
- Alternative Investments and Portfolio Strategies
- Putting Finance Into Practice
- Corporate Financial Strategy
- Corporate Investment and Financing Decisions
- Financial Modeling and Firm Valuation
- Fixed Income Securities
- International Finance
- Portfolio Management
- Real Estate Finance and Investments
- Structured Finance-Securitization
- Wealth Management
To earn a minor in Strategic Innovation, students must complete 9 semester hours in MBA courses offered by the Strategic Innovation Career Academy. Students may choose from one of the following minor options:
Option 1 - Supply Chain and Analytics:
- Supply Chain Management
- Advanced Analytics OR Statistical Methods for Process Improvement
- Rapid Continuous Improvement
Option 2 - Strategic Management and Innovation:
The Strategic Innovation Career Academy has two certificates that may be earned through additional coursework. Students must complete all courses listed for certification.
Six Sigma Green Belt:
(available only to SMI/POE students after Fall 2010)