In the corporate world, you have sales metrics, stock price, and defect reports to tell you where you need to improve. Personal development isn't quite so simple, but there's an easy way to find out where you should focus your self-improvement time: assess yourself. As a Tippie MBA, you'll discover yourself using all of these tools.
- StrengthsFinder 2.0: Uncover your five strongest talents and strategies for applying them
- Big 5: Describes how you naturally tend to act or react across situations. Measures neuroticism, extroversion, openness, agreeableness, and conscientiousness.
- Emotional Intelligence: Determines your ability to identify, assess, and manage the emotions of yourself, others, and groups.
- LPI (Leadership Practices Inventory): Measures competency in the five practices of exemplary leadership: Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, and Encourage the Heart.
- Peer Evaluations: Regular evaluations from your work-group members evaluating your teamwork skills.
iFOLIO Digital Portfolio
You'll use your digital portfolio to track progress of your professional development plan and results from your assessments.
The professional development plan is based on the four core competencies:
- Professional & Communication Skills
- Global and Strategic Perspective
- Managing & Leadership with Conviction
Throughout the two-year program, you're assessed on various competencies and given the opportunity to improve on these competencies with guidance from your academy coach. The activities you use to improve each competency can be tracked through your digital portfolio and accessed from anywhere.