Leadership, Ethics, and Professionalism (LEAP)
The four-semester LEAP experience prepares you to identify the opportunities and obstacles between you and your career goals, then designs a detailed action plan to take advantage of every opportunity to overcome each obstacle. In short, LEAP helps you achieve your career goal.
What Is LEAP?
LEAP isn't about textbooks and lectures. It's a twice-weekly course that's interactive and hands-on, built to develop your skills in a couple of key areas:
- Leadership: With the help of Proteus, a leadership consulting firm, you'll create your personal brand and vision, explore the mechanics of power and influence, lean to grow employees, and discover how to use the social styles of your team to get the job done.
- Ethics: Explore the ethical situations business leaders face, both clear-cut and ambiguous. Think critically and draw conclusions using an ethical decision-making model, and learn to identify the interests at stake in ethical dilemmas.
- Career Pathfinding: Presentations from top executives at companies around the U.S. allow you to hear firsthand about career paths you might not have considered. Even better, exposure to these leaders will build your network and inspire you to greater heights.
- Professionalism: LEAP's first semester is attuned to getting you job-search ready. It's packed with sessions on the mechanics of interviewing, communicating clearly, networking, and professional etiquette. Plus, you'll learn the secrets of the world's best time and money managers.
- Marketing Yourself: Supported by those who've mastered the craft themselves, you'll hone your public-speaking and presentation skills.
Each week, one LEAP session is held in a cohort, with all your classmates attending. The second session each week is divided by career academy, with each group delving into topics exclusive to its industry.