Tippie Business Strategy Association (TBSA)
Creating strong programs and events to enhance the MBA experience for Business Analytics Academy students
Collaborating to create the most innovative educational and professional opportunities for students pursuing MBAs in strategy development and operations excellence
Hari Ramakrishnan - President
Academy/track: Strategic Innovation / Strategic Management and Innovation
Sehar Noor Shah - Vice President
Academy/track: Strategic Innovation / Supply Chain & Analytics
Tianxiang Ma - Treasurer
Academy/track: Finance / Investment Management
- Career Exploration Trip to Des Moines: The TBSA arranged the Fall Career Exploration Trip to Des Moines on the 23rd of October 2014. As a part of this trip, students visited three major companies: Hagie manufacturing company, Pioneer and Casey’s General stores. Not only was this an opportunity to learn about the organizations, industry and their challenges, but it was also a great platform to interact closely with the members of the leadership teams in these companies.
- Tippie Table Talks: Tippie Table Talks is a networking event that is facilitated by the Career Services team of the Tippie School of Management. During this event, students got the opportunity to sit across the dinner table with several key alumni of the Des Moines area and closely network with them.
- Career Exploration Trip to Quad Cities: A Spring Career Exploration Trip, similar to the Fall Trip was organized by the TBSA on the 29th of March, 2012. Students visited the World Headquarters of Deere and Company and interacted with key members of the leadership team. The students also visited a micro distillery: Mississippi River Distilling Company and learnt about the intricacies of managing a start-up.
Tippie Students at Deere and Company-World Headquarters
- Innovation Forum: The TBSA and the SI Academy are organizing the Annual Innovation Forum on the 27th of April 2012. The Forum is an annual event where students and faculty get an opportunity to understand about key issues of current day businesses and debate about innovations that would potentially reshape the world business environment. This year’s Innovation Forum features two speakers: Thornton A. May: Futurist, Executive Director & Dean, IT Leadership Academy and Author, The New Know: Innovation Powered by Analytics and Anne G. Robinson: Director, Supply Chain Strategy & Analytics, Verizon Wireless. The theme for this year’s Forum is Analytics: Data Driven Innovation.
- Consulting/Case Interview Club engagements: The TBSA runs the Consulting/Case Interview Club. The Club helps students in preparing for Case Interviews.
- Student Scholarships: The TBSA is planning to sponsor a number of certifications like PMP (Project Management Professional) and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Strategic Innovation Academy — tippie.uiowa.edu/fulltimemba/academics/strategic-innovation
- Strategic Innovation Facebook Page — www.facebook.com/TippieMBAsi