About the Hawkinson Institute
The mission of the Hawkinson Institute is to facilitate career opportunities in the investment banking, financial services, and consulting industries for our students. The institute is a major link between the faculty, alumni, and students of the Henry B. Tippie College of Business and the financial and consulting community. We uphold our mission through:
- Developing top undergraduate students in preparation for future careers in the financial services and consulting fields through a rigorous curriculum, which may consist of financial courses, seminars, internships, and research.
- Placing top undergraduates in the financial services and consulting industries through the Hawkinson Scholars Program.
- Working with top recruiters, who do not typically recruit at Iowa, to give them access to students within the Hawkinson Scholars Program.
- Supporting finance research through fellowships to faculty within the Tippie Department of Finance.
- Providing an MBA scholarship each year to a superior MBA applicant.