Iowa Courses Online (ICON) is the online course support system that will be used for all of your classes.
To use this system, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to http://icon.uiowa.edu.
- In the "Log in to ICON" box (left-hand side), enter your username (HawkID) and your password (HawkID password) and click "Login."
- The Username/Password used for ICON is your HawkID Username/Password.
- If You Don't Know Your HawkID Username—use ISIS. Click "Accounts/Passwords" (upper-right corner of the screen); click "View My Hawk ID."
- If You Are Unable to Log in to ICON—most likely you need to reset your password. This can be done at the HawkID website.
- This "My ICON" welcome page lists your ICON courses and also displays news, a calendar, and other helpful links.
- To access a specific course, click on the hyperlinked course title in the "My ICON Courses" box.
- To navigate back to the "My ICON" page, click the "My Home" link on the top left of the screen.
- Be sure to log out at the end of your ICON session.
How to Edit Personal Information in ICON
At the "My Home" page, edit your personal information in ICON:
- Click on "My Profile" (left side of screen)
- Entering any information in the "My Profile" section is completely optional.
- "My Email Settings" will display your "uiowa.edu" email address. This address must not be changed. However, you can route your "uiowa.edu" address to an alternate email address through ISIS, which will point all university correspondence to your preferred email address. For routing instructions, visit the Your UI Email Account webpage.