Each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A UI and a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- 60 s.h. earned by May 2015
- One semester completed at the UI by December 2014
- In good academic and disciplinary standing
- Two 100-level courses (5th level) taught in Spanish or equivalency
- Spanish courses you may want to consider prior to the Madrid internship include 35:103 Spanish Language Skills: Writing, 35:106 Spanish Language Skills: Speaking, 35:118 Business Spanish, 35:150 Cultures of Spain, OR 35:153 Madrid.
- It is strongly recommended that students participate in a Spanish course during the spring 2015 semester.
Note: Completion of MSCI: 1500 Business Computing Essentials is recommended for business students prior to their internship.