Institute for International Business

How to Get Your Passport

To enter the Spain, you will need a valid passport that will not expire within six months of the program's start date. (New passports are valid for 10 years.) Students who are U.S. citizens and need to obtain a new or renewed passport should visit the U.S. State Department website.

First-time passport holders need to apply at one of the official Passport Acceptance Facilities. In Iowa City, this office is located at the U.S. Post Office at 400 S. Clinton St., Iowa City (Phone: 319-354-1560).

Students can arrange for expedited service for the processing of their application. This service allows students to receive their passport in two weeks. Expedited service have additional costs.