- Obermann Center Grant to Xun Zhou (12/10/15)
Xun Zhou, assistant professor of management sciences, and Zubhair Shafiq in computer science, received a 2016 Obermann Center for Advanced Studies Interdisiplinary Research Grant. Their project is entitled "Heterogeneous Network Data Analytics to Improve Urban Sustainability.”
- Tippie Program Aims to Help Female MBA Students (10/2/15)
When it comes to the number of women pursuing a master's in business administration, the University of Iowa realizes its numbers could be better.
- Building the Supply Chain (8/23/15)
Managing an international supply chain is no easy task.
- Big Data is 'Big-Time Growing' at University of Iowa (8/6/15)
Every time you swipe a credit card, someone somewhere records that. Every time you click on a website, it’s tabulated. Biomedical scientists today are capable of tracking intricate genetic behavior.
- Looking For a Career? "Big Data" Analysts in High Demand (8/2/15)
A swell of consumer data — from sales numbers to social media feeds — has bumped up demand for workers who can help businesses turn that information into profit, and Iowa’s universities are jumping in to help.
- Tippie Expands Business Analytics Program to Des Moines (6/9/15)
The Tippie College of Business will begin offering a new certificate program in business analytics in Des Moines starting this fall, providing an opportunity for advanced study in a rapidly growing field.
- Mapping Out the Most Efficient Parade of Homes Route (6/3/15)
If you're planning to visit all 34 of the homes on the 2015 Parade of Homes and Remodelers Parade tours Saturday and Sunday, the most efficient route will take you at least three hours and 46 minutes of driving time, according to a University of Iowa business professor who researches such "traveling salesman"-type questions.
- The Most Efficient Parade of Homes (6/2/15)
- Making the Most of Your Best Workers (4/7/15)
Employees who go above and beyond the call of duty have the potential to improve the performance of all of their co-workers, new research finds.
- Tippie Tech Brings Home Awards (4/3/15)
For the first time ever, 28 students attended the Association of Technology Professionals (AITP) National Collegiate Conference in Omaha on March 26-29, bringing home several awards in the technology competitions.