Take advantage of Tippie’s spring 2013 line-up of executive presenters! Several opportunities to learn from successful business leaders are planned over the remainder of the semester.
U.S. Bank Speaker
Natalie Laackman, CFO and VP Finance, Specialty Channels, Kellogg Company
Tuesday, April 2,
C425 Pomerantz Center
MBA - School of Management Advisory Board Panel Discussions
Preparing to Compete in the Global Market
School of Management Advisory Board Members (SOMAC) will lead interactive discussions that focus on key competencies needed for businesses to succeed in a global market. Topics include Business Analytics, Cultural Competences, Global Strategy, and Financial Strategy.
Friday, April 5, 1:00 p.m.
Location: Pappajohn Business Building, Rooms TBA
Registration required, RSVP here
MBA - Knapp Leadership Lecture Series
Robert Martichenko, CEO, LeanCor, a third party logistics provider that delivers a unique combination of training and education, hands-on consulting, and outsourced logistics services.
Thursday, April 18, 1:00 p.m.
Bijou Theater, IMU
More Upcoming Events
You can always stay up-to-date on what's happening with the Full-time MBA Program and RSVP for most events by visiting our calendar. MBA-PM events are listed here.
- Entrepreneurship and Keys to Achieving Organizational Excellence, presented by EMBA Ken Rizer, an organizational leadership expert, motivational speaker, and senior executive at a major Midwestern non-profit. - March 28 RSVP
- Women's Salary Negotiation Roundtable: Tippie faculty Terry Boles and Amy Kristof-Brown will discuss how to effectively negotiate the monetary and non-monetary elements of a job offer. Sponsored by MBAWI. - March 28 RSVP
- Finance Academy Lunch and Learn: Monty Gupta (Capital One) - April 2
- Peer 2 Peer Lunch and Learn: Micah James, how to buy and sell stocks, pick investments and what qualities to look for to predict growth - April 4 RSVP
- Finance Academy Lunch and Learn: Zac McQuistan (Microsoft) - April 9
- Warren Buffett Trip - April 11-12
- Big 10 Fisher Invitational - April 11-14
- Marketing Academy Guest Speaker: Bob Sinksank (HP) - April 11
- Peer 2 Peer Lunch and Learn: Maggie Pearthree, SEO RSVP
- Peer 2 Peer Lunch and Learn: Kandis Meinders, Prezi RSVP
- Spring Ball - April 20
- Finance Academy Lunch and Learn: Jayme Reynolds (Accenture) - April 23
- Tippie Table Talk: Leveraging Your MBA:
Alumni are invited to share their expertise with current full-time and part-time MBA students. Share strategies that have worked for you in advancing your careers! Cedar Rapids, 6-8pm - April 23
- SI Academy Guest Speaker: Mendel Kurland (Go Daddy) on Utilizing a National Brand for Community Outreach - April 25
- Finance Academy Guest Speaker: Jason Carlson, Justin Block and Josh Cramer on Mobile Payments - May 2
- Tippie Advance Weekend 2013- May 3-5
- SOM Commencement Ceremony and Brunch - May 17