Mock Interview Events, Spring 2012
Cedar Rapids Center
221-2nd Ave. SE, Suite 300
Schedule an Interview in Cedar Rapids
Pappajohn Education Center
1200 Grand Ave.
Schedule an Interview in Des Moines
Don't waste your time interviewing! Turn each interview into a job offer!
Interviewing is a learned skill! Why not try applying theory to a mock interview, set up just for you, with volunteer alumni and employers in the Des Moines area?
Mock Interview Procedures
Please note the following important information regarding mock interviewing:
- Mock interviews are reserved on a first-come/first-served basis. Pease be quick in your response so you are not disappointed!
- Initially you will be limited to signing up for two mock interviews per mock interview event. Should I have additional slots available after all students have had a chance to sign up, then I will let you know via email, so you may select additional interview spots.
- If you have to cancel your interview within the 24 hours just prior to the time scheduled, you are required to email me, xxxx, so that I will have time to contact other students about the opening.
- Please note that the interviewer will be sent the resumes of all the scheduled students 24 hours ahead of time and that the interviewer will then know if you made a last-minute change.
- The format for mock interviews usually includes a 20- to 30-minute interview and 15 minutes of verbal feedback. If the interviewer completes a written evaluation, it will be emailed to you within 10 days following the interview.
- For each interview, you should arrive at the center 15 minutes before your interview, and you will be directed to the appropriate room.
- You should dress and prepare as if this were a real interview.
- Some interviewers have specified which job posting you should use to prepare for the interview. If you do not see a notation next to your interviewer's name specifying a job posting, please use the MBA rotational job posting below to prepare for all these mock interviews. You can assume the interview questions will be less technical and more behavior based. (See job posting below.)
- You are responsible for asking for contact information from the interviewer yourself. Do not expect me to email that to you after the fact.
- If you have any questions, please let me know.
Management Development Program, MBA-21158
Every day, our products captivate the world—from the pristine sound of music to the brilliant picture of HDTV. As a consumer, you feel it across our products. But as part of our team, you'll experience the excitement of working for the most innovative brand in the world—Sony Electronics.
At Sony, you'll work behind the scenes with some of the best and brilliant minds in the business to support, create, and stimulate the cutting-edge ideas that make Sony the number-one recognized brand in the world. It's a job that takes passion and persistence to live life at your creative best. Now is the time to apply at one of the world's most respected brands and build your career with a company that constantly raises the bar on innovation.
Sony Electronics Incorporated (SEL) is offering a 24-month rotational program with various assignments in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance and Accounting, Corporate Planning, Product Groups, and IT Project Management. Assignments are rotational within the specified discipline, with at least one rotation outside of the discipline. Rotations require geographic mobility. Assignments provide challenging and meaningful experiences with professional and functional skills acquired during each rotation and are augmented with managerial-level mentorship, formal course work, and executive-level exposure.
As a participant in the Management Development Program, you will work directly with and/or lead a team of SEL professionals on assigned projects. Responsibilities include identifying, creating, and implementing complex strategic and functional solutions satisfying business requirements. You are responsible for gaining an understanding of overall business operations, priorities, and challenges, and you are expected to utilize this learning in future roles upon completion of the program.
Placement in a functional business occurs upon completion of the rotational assignments and may be located in San Diego (SEL U.S. headquarters) or other national sites including but not limited to San Jose, Calif.; Park Ridge, N.J.; Los Angeles, Calif.; Itasca, Ill.; or Fort Myers, Fla.
- Master's degree with a concentration in Finance, Operations, Marketing, General Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science, or other business-related fields
- Prior internship experience or up to two years of related work experience preferred
- Strong leadership ability and high aptitude to learn and apply knowledge quickly
- A track record of professional and academic success, including involvement in community or extracurricular activities is required
- Demonstrated interest in technology, consumer products, and/or entertainment
- Strong communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong PC and MS Office skills (especially Excel and Word) required
- Ability to exhibit high energy, enthusiasm, and a competitive edge
- Geographic mobility required
- GPA 3.0 or better
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer that drives superior business results by understanding and leveraging diversity. We strive to maximize the productivity and performance of our employees by fostering a winning team spirit and high personal accountability. Sony Electronics values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. Everyone is encouraged to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in Sony Electronics Inc.