Online registration requests for MBA-PM courses cannot be made via ISIS; only in EMBARC.
Phone registration for all students begins one week after the start of PreMBA registration for that semester. Phone numbers are 877-383-6227 (toll free) or 319-335-3739 (locally).
|Semester and Dates*||Registration Start Dates|
Starts: Aug. 25
Ends: Nov. 17
|June 3, 2014||June 17, 2014|
Starts: Jan. 20
Ends: May 16
|Nov. 4, 2014||Nov. 18, 2014|
Starts: May 18
Ends: Aug. 7
|April 4, 2015||April 21, 2015|
Starts: Aug. 24
Ends: Nov. 16
|June 2, 2014||June 16, 2015|
EMBARC is the Evening MBA Registration Connection. It is a secure, web-based online registration system. The stages listed below explain the process your course request will go through from request to enrollment.
- Email Confirmation—Sent to you confirming your request. This initial confirmation is not an enrollment confirmation. It only confirms your request has been received.
- Wait List—If space is not available in the course you requested, you will be added to the wait list and notified. If space becomes available, you will be contacted to see if you are still interested in the course.
- Space Held—If space is available in the course you requested and you meet any course prerequisites, your course status on EMBARC will change from "requested" to "space held." This usually occurs 2 weeks after the start of registration.
- Enrolled—Once official university enrollments are processed for the semester (about 4 weeks prior to the start of classes), your course status in EMBARC will change from "space held" to "enrolled" as long as you do not have an outstanding U-bill. At this time, an official enrollment confirmation packet will be mailed to your home address.
Confirmation of Registration
Once you are officially registered in courses for a given semester, the MBA-PM Program will mail you a registration confirmation packet which includes an ISIS Registration Confirmation, verification of your official enrollment in the course(s) listed. Please review the ISIS printout carefully and report any corrections to the MBA-PM Registration Office toll free at 877-383-6227.
You must initiate any change in course registration, including withdrawal from a course.
Approximate mailing dates of registration confirmation packets:
Fall Semester: 3rd week in July
Spring Semester: 1st week in December
Summer Session: 1st week in May
Changes in Registration
Registration changes can be accomplished as follows:
- Add a Course:
Use EMBARC at https://www.biz.uiowa.edu/mbapm/registration-4-classes to add a course from registration date listed above until midnight on the day before the first day of class for the semester. After the first day of class for the semester, contact the MBA-PM Registration Office toll free at 877-383-6227 or 319-335-3739 (locally).
- Drop a Course:
Use EMBARC at https://www.biz.uiowa.edu/mbapm/registration-4-classes to drop a course for which you are officially enrolled prior to midnight of the first day of class for the semester. Withdrawal from an MBA-PM course after midnight prior to the first day of class for the semester requires the completion of the Notice of Withdrawal Form.
- Tuition Responsibility for Dropping a Course: Please note you will be held to at least 10% tuition responsibility for any course in which you are officially enrolled unless your withdrawal is received, at a minimum, one day prior to the start of class. The Tuition Responsibility Schedule displays the last date by which your withdrawal from a course needs to be received by in order to avoid tuition responsibility as well as when 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% tuition responsibility are in effect.
If you do not attend class, it does not constitute course withdrawal. Failure to provide official notice of withdrawal may result in you receiving a grade of "F" in the course.
Most MBA-PM students will enroll in one or two courses per semester. Students considering enrolling in more than two courses per semester should discuss this decision with their advisor given the intense workload required for successful completion.
Students are not allowed to take any courses that meet on the same day or night. This includes courses where only one of the days or nights overlap.
Summer: Students are allowed to take 3 courses (9 semester hours) in summer when they are actually in no more than 2 courses at any point in time (one course ends before the next one starts).
Fall & Spring (excluding Intersession): Students may enroll in 3 courses concurrently if they meet all of the following:
- regularly admitted student
- completed at least 6 hours in the program
- received grades of B or better in all MBA course work or earned an MBA grade-point average of 3.5 or above
In addition, students are not allowed to take 3 courses when one of the courses is 6N:240 Strategic Management & Business Policy, even if they meet the requirements listed.
Intersession: Maximum Intersession enrollment is 1 course (3 semester hours) per semester.
Winter: Maximum Winter term enrollment is 1 course (3 semester hours).
A student wishing to enroll in a course that lists a prerequisite must have been waived from the course or satisfied the prerequisite before the course begins. Students not meeting the prerequisite must receive permission from the instructor through their advisor prior to official enrollment in the course.
Full-time/Half-time Student Status (as defined by the University of Iowa)
Full-time student status is defined as follows for graduate students:
- 9 semester hours (s.h.) per semester during the academic year; 5 s.h. during summer session
Half-time student status is defined as follows for graduate students:
- 5 semester hours (s.h.) per semester during the academic year; 3 s.h. during summer session
Enrollment in Full-time MBA Courses
Students admitted to the MBA-PM Program may complete up to 30 credit hours of Full-time MBA course work at the Iowa City campus. MBA courses are offered in Iowa City during the fall and spring semesters.
Students interested in taking courses on the main campus should contact their advisor and must meet on-campus registration requirements (such as student health). Please note there is a difference in tuition rates for on-campus, full-time courses vs. MBA-PM courses.
*Full-time MBA students have priority over such courses.