- All travel expenses must be submitted within 30 days after your course ends. Expenses should be reported directly to the account specialist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should summarize your expenses for the semester.
- Expense for the use of a private vehicle for travel to/from the MBA-PM sites will be reimbursed at the rate consistent with university guidelines.
- Eating on the road before or after class will be reimbursed for the actual cost, up to the maximum allowances governed by university guidelines.
- Any meal costs above these amounts will be at your expense.
- Meal receipts may be required.
- Mileage and meals are not reimbursable if the instructor's primary home residence is located in the same vicinity where the course is taught.
Faculty teaching in the MBA-PM Program may use a UI Fleet Services vehicle, or private transportation to the course site. If you are driving a Fleet Services vehicle, you will receive instructions on where to pick up the vehicle. Indicate your preference for a Fleet Service Vehicle on the Faculty Support Form.
Drivers (Des Moines faculty only)
The PM Program provides a van with a driver to transport faculty who teach in Des Moines on Monday thru Thursday nights. If you would like to ride the van, please indicate so on your Faculty Support Form.
The MBA-PM program will pay for hotel accommodations for faculty who travel to Des Moines or the Quad Cities to teach classes that are held on consecutive evenings or days. Faculty who live outside of the Iowa City area may also qualify for hotel stays in Cedar Rapids. The program also pays for lodging when adverse weather arises at ANY of the program sites. You may stay at one of the preferred hotels listed below, which offer a discount for faculty. Other hotels may be used at the discretion of the faculty member, but full reimbursement of the hotel room may not be granted according to UI policy.
If hotel accommodations are requested by you on your Faculty Support Form, reservations will be made for you at one of the preferred hotels listed below. Faculty may be required to present their University of Iowa staff ID card at check-in.
Des Moines Accommodations
Quad Cities Accommodations
Cedar Rapids Accommodations