International Student Admission
In addition to meeting all other Professional MBA admission requirements, international students who wish to apply for admission to the Professional MBA Program must hold a U.S. bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- To inquire about your international degree equivalency, scan and email a copy of your marks sheets (transcripts) and diploma, along with your request to have your degree reviewed, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are admitted or approved for PreMBA status, the Office of International Admissions requires you to submit your official mark sheets (transcripts) and diploma, as well as a translated copy if the original is not in English. The originals will be needed for review but will be returned to you.
English Language Exam Requirements
TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all international applicants for PreMBA and full MBA admission EXCEPT:
- Applicants who were educated solely in English for their undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree. The academic documents must confirm that all degree coursework was completed in English.
- Applicants who have requested and completed a successful admissions interview with a representative from the Professional MBA Program. You may request an admissions interview by e-mailing email@example.com.
|Exam||Test Type||Minimum Score|
|IELTS*||7.0 (total score)|
Office of Admissions
The University of Iowa
107 Calvin Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242-1396 USA
The University of Iowa institutional code is 6681.
- Expired scores: Your score will be considered expired if the exam was taken more than two years prior to submission of your application. If your score has expired, you must retake the exam and submit the official scores before the application deadline.
- Required scores: See chart above. For TOEFL, the minimum score will differ depending on whether you took the computer, Internet-based, or paper exam. Applicants who score below the minimums should retake the exam and achieve a score above the minimum before applying.
Health Insurance Requirement
All international students, including students in the United States on a working visa, are required to have health insurance for the academic year in order to attend the University of Iowa. You will need to provide proof of other insurance or you will automatically be enrolled in and billed for a student-only policy under the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
If you have other insurance and do not want the university's coverage, you must provide proof to the University of Iowa Benefits Office. Students can submit proof through the MyUI student information portal or may file the Proof of Coverage Form.
If you have questions or problems regarding the insurance requirement, please contact the UI Benefits Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-335-2676 / 877-830-4001.
The most common type of visa classification for our students is an H-1B visa status. However, if you are here on a different visa type, you may still be eligible for admission. The Professional MBA is a part-time program, and as such does not admit students who hold a visa that requires enrollment as a full-time student. If you would like to receive more personalized answers regarding your particular visa status, please contact an email@example.com.
View additional information for international students at the Office of Admissions website.