There are two ways to enter the Professional MBA Program, and four start times each year.
- January (Spring semester)
- May (first summer session)
- July (second summer session)
- August (Fall semester)
Spring & Fall
- 12-Week Courses: Meet from 6 p.m. to 9:20 p.m., one day per week, with courses offered Monday - Thursday.
- 4-Week Intersession Courses: Meet Fridays from 6 p.m. to 9:20 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 10-Week Courses: Meet from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., one day per week, with courses offered Monday - Thursday.
- 6-Week Courses: Meet from 6 p.m. to 9:20 p.m., two days per week, with courses often held on Mondays & Thursdays.
- 3-Week Courses: Meet from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, either five days consecutively or over two weeks.
If an MBA from the University of Iowa is your goal, and you have time to complete the GMAT/GRE prior to the application deadline, apply for full admission to secure the benefits enjoyed by admitted students:
- Advance priority registration
- More financial aid availability
- Greater enrollment flexibility
This is a simple way to "try out" the Professional MBA Program, or to get a quick start if you haven't yet taken the MBA entrance exam. It allows you to:
- Enroll in the same classes as admitted students
- Earn graduate credit that counts toward your degree upon admission
- Benefit from the same faculty, staff, and level of support as admitted students
You can take up to 3 courses in PreMBA status; to continue after that point, you must complete the full admission process.