- A 'Gateway' for Business Education (06/21/2016)
Brooke Kelley knew pretty much from the start she would come to the University of Iowa.
- Undergrad Receives $5,000 Scholarship (05/12/2016)
Jon Langel, a finance and economics major from West Des Moines, received the 2016 John T. Lockton Memorial Scholarship from the Spencer Educational Foundation.
- Business Analytics Case Competition a Success (05/11/2016)
On April 14 and 15, the Tippie College of Business hosted a case study competition where some of the brightest graduate analytics students in the country came together and solved a real-world business problem.
- Outstanding Tippie Alumni Named (05/10/2016)
Stephen Belyn and Todd Nelson were named the Tippie College Alum of the Year and Young Alum of the Year, respectively, at this year’s collegiate Recognition Reception. In addition, Bob Nicolls (BBA80) received the Department of Accounting’s Outstanding Alumnus Award.
- Students Help Big Ten Network Reconnect with Millennials (05/03/2016)
Millennials are spending more time on their devices, and a group of University of Iowa marketing students is helping the Big Ten Network, Fox Sports, and Mediacom communications reach that generation across their digital platforms.
- Some Mutual Funds Aren't So Mutually Beneficial (04/12/2016)
Mutual-fund investors are losing hundreds of millions of dollars in annual returns because of a potential conflict of interest in their fund’s management they probably don’t even know about, according to a newly published paper by a University of Iowa researcher.
- Kent Hasselquist: From Tippie Graduate to United States Marine (04/12/2016)
For most college students, crossing the finish line to graduation means applying to jobs, conducting interviews and landing that first full-time gig. For Tippie graduate Kent Hasselquist, that routine post-college path wasn’t for him.
- Giving a Jump to Electric Cars (04/04/2016)
Alliant Energy wants more drivers to consider buying electric vehicles as a way to decrease greenhouse-gas emissions and is turning to business students at the University of Iowa and other Iowa universities for help.
- Tippie Chapter of the American Marketing Association Wins Three Awards (04/04/2016)
At the 38th Annual International Collegiate Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, the Tippie chapter of the American Marketing Association was recognized with three awards for their accomplishments throughout the year.