- Tippie Student Named Entrepreneur of the Year (01/16/2015)
Tyler Finchum (BBA '15, finance and economics major, Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management), recently won the Student Entrepreneur of the Year award at the Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization (CEO) National Conference in Orlando, Florida.
- UI Celebrates Life of Martin Luther King Jr. (01/15/2015)
An annual University of Iowa celebration honoring the life and work of Martin Luther King Jr. and addressing contemporary human rights issues will be held Jan. 19-31.
- Venture School Coming to Help Entrepreneurs in Council Bluffs, Quad Cities, Iowa City (01/14/2015)
The University of Iowa’s Venture School business start-up program for entrepreneurs is on its way to Council Bluffs, the Quad Cities, and Iowa City.
- Best of 2014: Tippie College of Business (12/29/2014)
Tippie's Best of 2014: Take a look back at highlights from throughout the year.
- Tippie Alums Recognized as Influential Leaders (12/24/2014)
While Tippie undergraduates strive to be selected as Tippie's 21 Under 21 outstanding student leaders, Tippie alums were honored this fall with influential leadership awards from throughout the state.
- Gamma Iota Sigma: Tippie's Best Kept Secret (12/24/2014)
Tippie's Gamma Iota Sigma (GIS) chapter, an international risk management, insurance and actuarial science professional fraternity, attended the International GIS Conference in Dallas this fall and returned with multiple awards for outstanding alumni relations, chapter management, and public relations.
- Marketing to Millennials: Students Help The Principal Better Market Insurance Lines (12/24/2014)
This fall the University of Iowa partnered with three other Iowa universities, The Principal Financial Group, and Voice of the Young and Evolving Consumer (VOYC) in a competition among marketing students. A team of Tippie students won the semester-long competition after presenting at The Principal's Des Moines headquarters on December 4.
- Tippie Congratulates December 2014 Graduates (12/22/2014)
Congratulations to our 198 BBA, 84 MBA, and 6 M.Ac. graduates who received their degrees December 19-20, 2014. View highlights from the undergraduate and graduate commencement ceremonies:
- IEM Opens 2016 Presidential, Congressional Prediction Markets (12/09/2014)
The opening bell has rung for the 2016 Iowa Electronic Markets’ (IEM) presidential and Congressional control markets that give traders the opportunity to buy and sell contracts that will predict the results of the next general election.
- Des Moines Company Keeps Concrete Level; UI Students Help Make Sure Sales Aren't (12/08/2014)
A Des Moines entrepreneur has a better way to achieve flat and level concrete, and a group of University of Iowa students is helping get the word out.
- No More Flash Cards (12/02/2014)
In just two years, Higher Learning Technologies (HLT) has gone from the vision of a frustrated University of Iowa dental student to a firm that’s helped thousands of nursing and dental students across the country pass their boards.
- The Student Experience: Tyler Hackman, BBA '15 (12/01/2014)
"The Student Experience" showcases University of Iowa students who excel academically—inside and outside the classroom.
- Tippie Faculty Member Receives Fulbright Specialists Award (11/13/2014)
Ken Brown, professor and associate dean of the Undergraduate Program at the Henry B. Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, has been selected for a Fulbright Specialists project in the Republic of Korea at Seoul National University (SNU) early next year, according to the United States Department of State and the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
- Tippie Team Places Among Top 9 Teams at Deloitte FanTAXtic Case Competition (11/13/2014)
Tippie Team A placed among the top nine teams at the recent 2014 Deloitte FanTAXtic regional case competition (see results below) in Chicago. The Iowa team advances to the national competition to be held January 16-18, 2015, at Deloitte University, located just outside Dallas, Texas.
- Rick Ridgeway Visits UI (11/13/2014)
Rick Ridgeway, vice president of environmental affairs at Patagonia, visited the University of Iowa campus November 5 to address a standing-room-only crowd of nearly 800 students, faculty, staff, and community members. He touched on Patagonia's mission, its pledge to be environmentally responsible, the struggles that ensue, and personal anecdotes that left the room inspired to seize the day.
- Prospective Students, Families Visit Tippie During You@UI (11/13/2014)
October 25 may have been a bye weekend for the Hawkeye football team, but the University of Iowa's campus was still full of excited people.
- Get Hired (11/11/2014)
Nearly 1,600 students attended the career fair earlier this fall, and many walked out with an interview.
- Young Alumni Board Shares Advice at Fall Career Workshop (11/10/2014)
Roberto Paniagua graduated in 2011 with his BBA in economics and BA in political science. Now, he's an account manager for Google's Business and Industrial Markets who recently returned to campus as part of the Young Alumni Board (YAB) fall career workshop for undergraduate students.
- Distinguished Tippie Alumni Recognized (11/10/2014)
The University of Iowa Alumni Association (UIAA) has announced the 2015 recipients of the Distinguished Alumni Awards (DAA), the association’s highest honor. Two Tippie alumni were recognized.
- Classroom Pass Gets Motivated in Lecture on Entrepreneurship (11/03/2014)
UI student Kyle Krauter wants to be the general manager of the St. Louis Cardinals some day.
- Classroom Pass Registers Short Run Production, Inputs, Outputs, Costs (11/03/2014)
As students file into John Solow's Principles of Microeconomics class at Pappajohn Business Building and take their seats, the opening guitar riff of The Pixies' "Here Comes Your Man" starts to twang over the speaker.