- Undergrad Receives $5,000 Scholarship (05/12/2016)
Jon Langel, a finance and economics major from West Des Moines, received the 2016 John T. Lockton Memorial Scholarship from the Spencer Educational Foundation.
- Business Analytics Case Competition a Success (05/11/2016)
On April 14 and 15, the Tippie College of Business hosted a case study competition where some of the brightest graduate analytics students in the country came together and solved a real-world business problem.
- Outstanding Tippie Alumni Named (05/10/2016)
Stephen Belyn and Todd Nelson were named the Tippie College Alum of the Year and Young Alum of the Year, respectively, at this year’s collegiate Recognition Reception. In addition, Bob Nicolls (BBA80) received the Department of Accounting’s Outstanding Alumnus Award.
- Students Help Big Ten Network Reconnect with Millennials (05/03/2016)
Millennials are spending more time on their devices, and a group of University of Iowa marketing students is helping the Big Ten Network, Fox Sports, and Mediacom communications reach that generation across their digital platforms.
- Some Mutual Funds Aren't So Mutually Beneficial (04/12/2016)
Mutual-fund investors are losing hundreds of millions of dollars in annual returns because of a potential conflict of interest in their fund’s management they probably don’t even know about, according to a newly published paper by a University of Iowa researcher.
- Kent Hasselquist: From Tippie Graduate to United States Marine (04/12/2016)
For most college students, crossing the finish line to graduation means applying to jobs, conducting interviews and landing that first full-time gig. For Tippie graduate Kent Hasselquist, that routine post-college path wasn’t for him.
- Giving a Jump to Electric Cars (04/04/2016)
Alliant Energy wants more drivers to consider buying electric vehicles as a way to decrease greenhouse-gas emissions and is turning to business students at the University of Iowa and other Iowa universities for help.
- Tippie Chapter of the American Marketing Association Wins Three Awards (04/04/2016)
At the 38th Annual International Collegiate Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, the Tippie chapter of the American Marketing Association was recognized with three awards for their accomplishments throughout the year.
- Doresca Appointed to Body that Helps Iowa Businesses Expand Overseas (03/28/2016)
Dimy Doresca, director of the Institute for International Business in the University of Iowa’s John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center, has been appointed to the Iowa District Export Council by U.S. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker to help Iowa businesses that want to export their products and services to global markets.
- Some Light Reading (03/21/2016)
A University of Iowa economist is studying how obesity rates are affected in communities where restaurants publish the calorie counts of the food they serve, an effort that is part of a broader campaign to reduce the number of Americans who are overweight.
- Environmental Journalist to Discuss Marketability & Sustainability (03/17/2016)
Simran Sethi, one of the world’s most inspiring environmental messengers, will lead a panel discussing the pork supply chain including marketability, sustainability, and changing the food system. The panel discussion,"Hog Farming, Sustainability, and a Tale of Delicious Bacon," will take place on Wednesday, April 27 at 5:30 p.m. in W10 Pappajohn Business Building.
- #TippieWomen Summit Set for April 2 (03/17/2016)
- 24 UI Colleges and Graduate Programs in the National Top 25 (03/16/2016)
Twenty-four graduate colleges and programs at the University of Iowa are listed among the 25 best in the nation, according to the latest rankings from U.S. News & World Report.
- All Signs Points Toward Growth (03/07/2016)
A Grinnell-based sign company is looking to expand its market outside the United States and sell its products in the Middle East, thanks to the work of a group of University of Iowa students.
- Isaac Oberlin wins Alliant Energy/Erroll B. Davis, Jr., Achievement Award (03/03/2016)
Tippie senior, Isaac Oberlin, was selected to receive this year’s Alliant Energy/Erroll B. Davis Jr., Achievement Award. The award recognizes under-represented minority students for leadership in on-campus and community organizations, academic success and potential for future career success.