- Tippie Congratulates December 2014 Graduates (12/22/2014)
Congratulations to our 198 BBA, 84 MBA, and 6 M.Ac. graduates who received their degrees December 19-20, 2014. View highlights from the undergraduate and graduate commencement ceremonies:
- IEM Opens 2016 Presidential, Congressional Prediction Markets (12/09/2014)
The opening bell has rung for the 2016 Iowa Electronic Markets’ (IEM) presidential and Congressional control markets that give traders the opportunity to buy and sell contracts that will predict the results of the next general election.
- Des Moines Company Keeps Concrete Level; UI Students Help Make Sure Sales Aren't (12/08/2014)
A Des Moines entrepreneur has a better way to achieve flat and level concrete, and a group of University of Iowa students is helping get the word out.
- No More Flash Cards (12/02/2014)
In just two years, Higher Learning Technologies (HLT) has gone from the vision of a frustrated University of Iowa dental student to a firm that’s helped thousands of nursing and dental students across the country pass their boards.
- The Student Experience: Tyler Hackman, BBA '15 (12/01/2014)
"The Student Experience" showcases University of Iowa students who excel academically—inside and outside the classroom.
- Tippie Faculty Member Receives Fulbright Specialists Award (11/13/2014)
Ken Brown, professor and associate dean of the Undergraduate Program at the Henry B. Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, has been selected for a Fulbright Specialists project in the Republic of Korea at Seoul National University (SNU) early next year, according to the United States Department of State and the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
- Tippie Team Places Among Top 9 Teams at Deloitte FanTAXtic Case Competition (11/13/2014)
Tippie Team A placed among the top nine teams at the recent 2014 Deloitte FanTAXtic regional case competition (see results below) in Chicago. The Iowa team advances to the national competition to be held January 16-18, 2015, at Deloitte University, located just outside Dallas, Texas.
- Rick Ridgeway Visits UI (11/13/2014)
Rick Ridgeway, vice president of environmental affairs at Patagonia, visited the University of Iowa campus November 5 to address a standing-room-only crowd of nearly 800 students, faculty, staff, and community members. He touched on Patagonia's mission, its pledge to be environmentally responsible, the struggles that ensue, and personal anecdotes that left the room inspired to seize the day.
- Prospective Students, Families Visit Tippie During You@UI (11/13/2014)
October 25 may have been a bye weekend for the Hawkeye football team, but the University of Iowa's campus was still full of excited people.
- Get Hired (11/11/2014)
Nearly 1,600 students attended the career fair earlier this fall, and many walked out with an interview.
- Distinguished Tippie Alumni Recognized (11/10/2014)
The University of Iowa Alumni Association (UIAA) has announced the 2015 recipients of the Distinguished Alumni Awards (DAA), the association’s highest honor. Two Tippie alumni were recognized.
- Young Alumni Board Shares Advice at Fall Career Workshop (11/10/2014)
Roberto Paniagua graduated in 2011 with his BBA in economics and BA in political science. Now, he's an account manager for Google's Business and Industrial Markets who recently returned to campus as part of the Young Alumni Board (YAB) fall career workshop for undergraduate students.
- Classroom Pass Registers Short Run Production, Inputs, Outputs, Costs (11/03/2014)
As students file into John Solow's Principles of Microeconomics class at Pappajohn Business Building and take their seats, the opening guitar riff of The Pixies' "Here Comes Your Man" starts to twang over the speaker.
- Classroom Pass Gets Motivated in Lecture on Entrepreneurship (11/03/2014)
UI student Kyle Krauter wants to be the general manager of the St. Louis Cardinals some day.
- Economics of Obesity (10/30/2014)
When it comes to combating obesity, it often seems as if there are as many ideas as there junk foods. David Frisvold, assistant professor of economics, has studied a number of public policy initiatives aimed at reducing obesity and has found mixed results.
- Is That Really a Good Business Idea? (10/27/2014)
You think you have a great idea for a new business. Your friends think you have a great idea for a new business. Your family thinks you have a great idea for a new business.
- Patagonia Exec Talks Environmentalism (10/27/2014)
Rick Ridgeway, Patagonia’s vice president of environmental affairs and a member of the first American team to summit K2, will speak about sustainability in business at 5 p.m. Wednesday, November 5, in Macbride Hall. The event is free and open to the public.
- Professor Art Durnev Witnesses Epicenter of Hong Kong Protests (10/24/2014)
The student-led, pro-democracy protests now in their fifth week in Chinese-controlled Hong Kong have been mostly peaceful. But University of Iowa professor Art Durnev said he’s wary.
- UI to Host Open House for Prospective Students (10/20/2014)
The University of Iowa will host up to 3,000 prospective students and their families in the first ever You@UI event on Saturday, October 25. Students will have the opportunity to tour the campus and residence halls, attend academic interest sessions, and interact with students and faculty.
- Deepening the Pool (10/20/2014)
A team of marketing students at the Tippie College of Business is working closely with an organization to bring more gender balance to the state’s elected leadership, where a woman has still never been separately elected to a federal office.
- 'My Two Cents in Five Minutes' (10/16/2014)
Eean Crawford understands the value of employee engagement.
- Prospective Students and Families Attend Fall Preview Day (10/15/2014)
More than 300 prospective students and families attended Tippie College's first Preview Day of the year on October 4. Tippie faculty, staff, and current students helped high school juniors and seniors see what the University of Iowa, and specifically the Tippie College of Business, has to offer.
- MBA Student Earns Hispanic Chamber Scholarship (10/15/2014)
Julian Valencia, an MBA student at the Tippie College of Business, has earned a $10,000 scholarship from Group O and the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
- UI Program Helps Small Businesses Go Global (10/14/2014)
Only four percent of the world’s consumers live in the United States, and a new initiative from the Institute for International Business (IIB) at the Tippie College of Business wants to do more to help small businesses in Iowa reach the other 96.
- Berg and Mote Honored at Annual Celebration (10/08/2014)
Joyce Berg, professor of accounting and the Pioneer Hi-Bred Research Fellow, and Gale Mote, adjunct lecturer in management and organizations, were among 30 individuals honored at the University of Iowa's annual Faculty and Staff Awards Banquet on October 7.
- Study Shows Classroom Clickers Help Students Learn by Showing Them What They Don't Know (10/08/2014)
Students learn more in class when faculty members use clickers to assess what the students are learning, a new study from the University of Iowa suggests.
- UI Officials Tout Economic Development Initiatives (10/07/2014)
University of Iowa officials on Monday spelled out the university's collective efforts for supporting small businesses and entrepreneurs, cultivating Iowa’s workforce, and putting the state on the path to economic prosperity.
- UI Study Finds Visiting Clinics Make Cancer Care More Accessible to Rural Iowans (10/03/2014)
A decade-old change in Medicare reimbursement policy for chemotherapy drugs has actually increased rural Iowans' access to cancer care, according to a new study co-authored by Thomas Gruca, professor of marketing.
- Fostering Global Friendships (09/25/2014)
Sometimes, meeting a new person can be stressful because of the unknown. But that wasn’t the case for University of Iowa seniors Hyejung Kim and Jade Manternach.