- Income-Shifting Activities of Multinationals (11/23/2015)
- New to Business. New to College (11/23/2015)
- Investing in Communication Clarity (11/23/2015)
For decades, the academic quality of the accounting program at the University of Iowa has remained solid. Peer institutions and alumni consistently rank it high; published research flows from well-respected faculty, and firms court and offer accounting graduates attractive career opportunities.
- Chris Hoffman Named Outstanding Accounting Alumnus (11/23/2015)
Each year an accounting alumnus is recognized for his or her engagement and support of the Department of Accounting. Some truly inspiring people have been selected in the past, and this year is no exception.
- Carribbean Connection (11/23/2015)
When he was 14, Jorge Garcia’s family relocated from his homeland of Puerto Rico to Council Bluffs, Iowa. Although he remembers the transition as a challenging time, he is glad Iowa is a part of his history.
- Gearing Up for Bike Sharing (11/23/2015)
Iowa City comes alive each August when more than 30,000 students become immersed in the community for the academic year. Although some bring automobiles with them, many make the decision to leave their cars at home and opt to travel using Cambus, by foot, or bicycle.
- Tippie Senior Named Rhodes Scholar (11/23/2015)
Tippie College of Business student Jeffrey Ding says he’s unsure yet how being named a Rhodes scholar will change his life, but he’s already getting more than the usual number of friend requests on Facebook.
- See? I Was Right (11/12/2015)
A new study co-authored by Tom Gruca, professor of marketing in the Tippie College of Business, finds that once people reach a conclusion, they aren’t likely to change their minds, even when new information shows their initial belief is likely wrong and clinging to that belief costs real money.
- Zigging Your Way to Profitable Investments (11/10/2015)
A new study from the University of Iowa finds that so-called contrarian investment funds far outperform their herd-fund rivals in several performance measurements, and that their mangers have found ways to gather information that other managers haven’t figured out.
- Mom and Dad of the Year Recognized During Family Weekend (11/03/2015)
Two University of Iowa parents—a husband-and-wife team—were the center of attention Oct. 31 at the Family Weekend game day breakfast and at halftime during the Hawkeye football game, when they were honored as UI Mom and Dad of the Year.
- Cook Strives to Get Better Every Day (10/29/2015)
Hawkeye football fan Drew Cook got pumped whenever the University of Iowa cracked the national rankings. Imagine how Drew Cook the Hawkeye football player feels now that Iowa sits No. 10 in the latest poll by The Associated Press.
- Marketing Students Take the Case (10/28/2015)
Two Tippie teams participated in the AcuRite Digital Marketing Challenge at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in October. The Tippie team of Dolan Guhin and Cassandra Hansen (president of the UI American Marketing Association) took home first place and an $800 prize.
- UI Honors Sioux City Family for Century of Popcorn Contributions (10/21/2015)
The University of Iowa’s Tippie College of Business will honor the family of Cloid Smith, founders and operators of Sioux City–based Jolly Time popcorn, for their century of contributions to Iowa business.
- The Mercy Fields (10/15/2015)
Paul Pinckley’s recent career has been spent working in M.B.A. programs, where he helps students develop the skills they will need to succeed in their careers, often as corporate managers.
- Friendly, Not Always Helpful (10/12/2015)
A new study from the University of Iowa suggests that businesses who hire extroverts may not be getting the gregarious, helpful team players they think they’re hiring.
- Faster Food (10/05/2015)
It was halftime when Carson Goodale took his place in the concession stand line at a Dallas Cowboys game a few years back, and when he did he had no idea how long it would take before he saw another snap.
- Iowa MBA Student Wins PepsiCo Invitational Business Competition (10/01/2015)
- Throwing Down, All the Way to the Top (09/30/2015)
Every once in awhile, Melissa Myers will grab people and throw them around.
- Getting an A in Burritos (09/22/2015)
UI marketing students help develop new marketing campaign for Iowa City-based Pancheros’ expansion to East Coast.
- Kathleen Dore-Henry B. Tippie Women's MBA Leadership Program (09/22/2015)
The business world is at a crossroads regarding leadership development efforts for female students.
- U.S. News Ranks Tippie 22nd Among Public Undergraduate Business Programs (09/09/2015)
The Tippie College of Business ranks 22nd among best public undergraduate business programs, according to the latest rankings by U.S. News & World Report. Tippie also placed 34th among all public and private universities.
- Frontier Co-op Exec Talks Social Responsibility (09/09/2015)
Tony Bedard, CEO of Frontier Natural Products Co-op, will speak about the trends in sustainability and social responsibility in local markets. The executive humanitarian will present in Macbride Hall at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30. The event is free and open to the public.
- Putting the Community in Coffee (08/31/2015)
Tara Cronbaugh started her first business when she was 21 years old. She had a business plan, roughly $3,000 in her checking account, and the passion to create a community in Iowa City.