- Celebrity Ashton Kutcher Visits Tippie (04/01/2015)
Happy April Fools' Day from the Tippie College of Business! We invite Ashton to visit us anytime.
- The Student Experience: Celina Carr (03/26/2015)
That Celina Carr became a Hawkeye was not much of a surprise. She comes from a family full of University of Iowa grads, and she participated in UI activities during her middle school and high school days.
- Tippie Study Helps Deloitte Overhaul Employee Evaluation Process (03/26/2015)
A study by Tippie College of Business professor Michael (Mick) Mount has helped the accounting and consulting firm Deloitte revamp its employee evaluation process, which is the subject of a cover story in the latest issue of the Harvard Business Review.
- The People Side of Business (03/25/2015)
The University of Iowa has launched a new major that provides entrepreneurial management and leadership education to liberal arts and sciences students, giving them the opportunity to develop real-world skills and improve their employability before hitting the job market or starting their own business.
- The Student Experience: Ally Disterhoft (03/19/2015)
Ally Disterhoft has always dreamt big. She has the poster to prove it.
- Entrepreneur and Shark Tank Cast Member Daymond John to Present April 23 (03/18/2015)
Award-winning entrepreneur and Shark Tank cast member Daymond John will present "Five S.H.A.R.K. Points: The Fundamental Keys to Business and Personal Success" at 7:00 p.m. Thursday, April 23, at the Iowa Memorial Union Main Lounge.
- Better Breakfast, Better Grades (03/12/2015)
A new study from the University of Iowa reinforces the connection between good nutrition and good grades, finding that free school breakfasts help students from low-income families perform better academically.
- #TippieWomen Summit Set for April 18; Oprah Winfrey Network President to Speak (03/11/2015)
The #TippieWomen Summit, a half-day conference on female leadership, will feature keynote speaker Sheri Salata, Tippie alum and president of OWN-The Oprah Winfrey Network/Harpo Studios, on Saturday, April 18, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at hotelVetro in Iowa City.
- U.S. News Ranks the Iowa MBA 21st Among Public Universities (03/10/2015)
Iowa's Full-time MBA Program at the Tippie College of Business ranks 21st among the best public business schools in the country, according to the U.S. News & World Report's 2016 Best Business Schools rankings. The program rose eight places from 2015 to No. 43 overall.
- Company Looking to Change Cancer Treatment With UI Business Help (03/10/2015)
The future of cancer treatment will be nothing like it is today, and a new company is hoping to be at the forefront of the changes with help from the University of Iowa.
- A Student and an Athlete (03/03/2015)
Tippie undergraduate students are a diverse bunch.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the K-12 STEM Classroom (03/03/2015)
There’s good news and bad news about K-12 education in Iowa.
- Embracing International Study & Honoring a Worldly Teacher (03/03/2015)
When retired faculty member Nancy Hauserman (JD76) was a student, study abroad programs were not yet common. The concept has gained prominence as a way to learn about the global economy as well as different cultures. Now, a growing fund is making it possible for more students than ever to benefit from these pivotal journeys.
- Finding a Career 101 (03/03/2015)
A pithy resume, freshly pressed formalwear, and a firm handshake have always been big parts of a successful job search, but today, it’s so much more than that.
- VITA, You've Come a Long Way (03/03/2015)
When the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program first began at the University of Iowa, a small number of accounting students assisted a small group of international students with tax return preparation. Professor Joyce Berg, who serves as advisor to the Beta Alpha Psi student organization, recalls preparing about 120 tax returns when she first began advising Beta Alpha Psi in 2005.
- Career in Insurance Always a Sure Thing (03/02/2015)
Ali Rosenberg has known for years what she’s wanted to do for a career: risk management and insurance.
- From the Ground Up (03/02/2015)
Tens of thousands of women major in business in the United States, and many of them belong to student groups for women business majors, like the Women’s Energy Network, the Businesswomen’s Association, or some variation of Women in Business.
- Joyce Berg Receives Michael J. Brody Award for Faculty Excellence in Service (02/26/2015)
Joyce Berg, professor of accounting and the Pioneer Hi-Bred Research Fellow, has an extraordinary record of service to the University and the State of Iowa. Her contributions span over 20 years at the University of Iowa. Through her service, she has touched the lives of thousands of students and other members of the Johnson County community.
- Accounting Faculty Highlights (02/26/2015)
Meet our accounting faculty and discover little known facts—from who loves Seinfeld to who collects PenDelfin rabbits.
- The Real Deal (02/25/2015)
Last spring M.Ac. students in the Advanced Auditing course had a taste of the real world. They applied what they’d learned in the classroom to real-life circumstances for Johnson County offices during a semester-long consulting project.
- Preview Day 2015 (02/25/2015)
Prospective undergraduate students visited the Tippie College of Business during Business Preview Day on February 21. They heard from several professors on our six majors and got to hear student testimonials on internship experiences, studying abroad, and how Tippie prepares the best of the best for the working world.
- Wells Family Establishes Fund to Provide Scholarships for Tippie Students from Van Buren County (02/23/2015)
The family of Wayne and Jean Wells has established a new scholarship fund for University of Iowa students from Van Buren County who are pursuing a business degree. The gift provides an endowed fund that will pay out scholarships annually in perpetuity, helping generations of Southeast Iowa students.
- Tippie Students Provide Free Tax Prep Services Through VITA (02/20/2015)
Tippie accounting and law students will again provide free tax return preparation services to qualifying persons this year as part of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
- University of Iowa Announces First Three-Year Majors (02/19/2015)
First-year undergraduates headed to the University of Iowa this fall can sign up for Iowa Degree in Three—a new accelerated program designed for motivated students who want to graduate faster and cut costs.
- Job and Internship Fair Brings 160 Employers to UI Students Feb. 25 (02/18/2015)
American employers are hiring again, and that economic improvement means another record number of organizations will be represented at this spring’s career fair, with hundreds of jobs, internships, and other career opportunities waiting for University of Iowa students.
- Tippie Plans to Grow Bigger and Better (02/18/2015)
As the undergraduate dean in the Henry B. Tippie College of Business, Ken Brown draws on his experience as a father. Every day he strives to make Tippie the kind of place where his 11- and 13-year-old daughters would have a great educational experience, one where they would develop skills, grow, and become better people.
- MBA Students Consult with Iowa Businesses to Help Them Grow (02/18/2015)
Tippie MBA students will provide consulting services this spring that help several businesses across Iowa to grow and become stronger.
- Tippie Buddies Kicks Off Spring Semester (02/09/2015)
More than 160 students met their match on February 6 for the semester-long Tippie Buddies program. Also known as International Buddies, Tippie pairs international and American business and pre-business undergraduate students so they can experience and share cultures. View more #TippieBuddies coverage on Twitter and Flickr.
- Disterhoft, Uthoff, Gesell Earn Academic Distinction (02/05/2015)
Tippie students and University of Iowa basketball athletes Ally Disterhoft, Mike Gesell and Jarrod Uthoff have been named Capital One Academic All-District first team honorees for their combined performance athletically and in the classroom.
- Tippie Adds Master's in Business Analytics (02/05/2015)
The University of Iowa's Tippie College of Business is adding another component to its growing roster of business data analytics programs.
- Message Control (01/30/2015)
Investors want clarity when they decide where to put their money, and a new study from the University of Iowa suggests firms do themselves a disservice when they file poorly written financial disclosure reports.
- The Downside of Optimism: Fundamental Flaw in Optimistic Thinking Discovered (01/30/2015)
On the surface, optimism may sound like a good thing, but those rose-colored glasses can result in profoundly negative impacts. Hopeful outlooks can make executives and managers mistakenly believe problems can be fixed before the next earnings report, even when the issues are too serious to resolve.
- UI Researchers Study Rural Access to Health Care Specialties (01/21/2015)
An ongoing series of studies by University of Iowa researchers shows that access to a variety of specialty health care fields are more accessible than thought in rural Iowa, but that access could be threatened depending on how health care reforms are implemented.
- Tippie Student Named Entrepreneur of the Year (01/16/2015)
Tyler Finchum (BBA '15, finance and economics major, Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management), recently won the Student Entrepreneur of the Year award at the Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization (CEO) National Conference in Orlando, Florida.
- UI Celebrates Life of Martin Luther King Jr. (01/15/2015)
An annual University of Iowa celebration honoring the life and work of Martin Luther King Jr. and addressing contemporary human rights issues will be held Jan. 19-31.
- Venture School Coming to Help Entrepreneurs in Council Bluffs, Quad Cities, Iowa City (01/14/2015)
The University of Iowa’s Venture School business start-up program for entrepreneurs is on its way to Council Bluffs, the Quad Cities, and Iowa City.