- Tippie College New Home in the Quad Cities Ready for Business (07/19/2016)
Iowa’s highest-ranked part-time MBA program has a new “home” in the Quad Cities: the Birchwood Fields Learning Center in Davenport.
- Finding Love in Iowa City (And Coming Back for It) (07/18/2016)
Iowa City is a place of milestones for Wu Hao and Wu Ximeng. For the two University of Iowa graduates, the town is where they became enamored of the UI community, pursued their education, found love, and, later, returned to marry.
- A Tasty Tradition (07/11/2016)
A cool tradition—elementary school students inventing a new flavor of ice cream for sale at Iowa City’s Heyn’s Ice Cream—turns 20 this year.
- Doing Your Own Homework Can Lead to Bad Grades in Investing (07/05/2016)
Investors are supposed to do their homework before deciding where to put their money, but a new study from the University of Iowa suggests too much homework might be counterproductive.
- Tippie Students Receive Top UI Awards (06/30/2016)
Jeffrey Ding and Carter Yerkes received two of the top UI awards this year: a Hancher-Finkbine Student Medallion and the Philip G. Hubbard Human Rights Award, respectively.
- Frisvold Receives $1.3 Million Grant (06/30/2016)
David Frisvold, assistant professor of economics, is studying how obesity rates are affected in communities where restaurants publish the calorie counts of the food they serve. His research recently was awarded a $1.3 million grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to study the nationwide impact of menu labeling.
- Institute Makes International Business Real (06/30/2016)
The Institute for International Business (IIB), a part of the college since the mid-1990s, began reporting to the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center (JPEC) in 2014. Its new focus: Providing students with international business experiences through real-world projects and trips abroad.
- Expanding the Entrepreneurial Spirit: 20 Years of Growth (06/30/2016)
In 1996, a $1.5 million gift from Mary and John Pappajohn expanded the scope of the Institute for Entrepreneurial Management, which since 1986 had focused on teaching and cultivating entrepreneurship among Iowa students and Iowa businesses. In recognition of their gift, the institute was renamed the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center (JPEC).
- A 'Gateway' for Business Education (06/21/2016)
Brooke Kelley knew pretty much from the start she would come to the University of Iowa.
- Undergrad Receives $5,000 Scholarship (05/12/2016)
Jon Langel, a finance and economics major from West Des Moines, received the 2016 John T. Lockton Memorial Scholarship from the Spencer Educational Foundation.
- Business Analytics Case Competition a Success (05/11/2016)
On April 14 and 15, the Tippie College of Business hosted a case study competition where some of the brightest graduate analytics students in the country came together and solved a real-world business problem.
- Outstanding Tippie Alumni Named (05/10/2016)
Stephen Belyn and Todd Nelson were named the Tippie College Alum of the Year and Young Alum of the Year, respectively, at this year’s collegiate Recognition Reception. In addition, Bob Nicolls (BBA80) received the Department of Accounting’s Outstanding Alumnus Award.
- Students Help Big Ten Network Reconnect with Millennials (05/03/2016)
Millennials are spending more time on their devices, and a group of University of Iowa marketing students is helping the Big Ten Network, Fox Sports, and Mediacom communications reach that generation across their digital platforms.