- UI to Host Open House for Prospective Students (10/20/2014)
The University of Iowa will host up to 3,000 prospective students and their families in the first ever You@UI event on Saturday, October 25. Students will have the opportunity to tour the campus and residence halls, attend academic interest sessions, and interact with students and faculty.
- 'My Two Cents in Five Minutes' (10/16/2014)
Eean Crawford understands the value of employee engagement.
- Prospective Students and Families Attend Fall Preview Day (10/15/2014)
More than 300 prospective students and families attended Tippie College's first Preview Day of the year on October 4. Tippie faculty, staff, and current students helped high school juniors and seniors see what the University of Iowa, and specifically the Tippie College of Business, has to offer.
- MBA Student Earns Hispanic Chamber Scholarship (10/15/2014)
Julian Valencia, an MBA student at the Tippie College of Business, has earned a $10,000 scholarship from Group O and the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
- UI Program Helps Small Businesses Go Global (10/14/2014)
Only four percent of the world’s consumers live in the United States, and a new initiative from the Institute for International Business (IIB) at the Tippie College of Business wants to do more to help small businesses in Iowa reach the other 96.
- Berg and Mote Honored at Annual Celebration (10/08/2014)
Joyce Berg, professor of accounting and the Pioneer Hi-Bred Research Fellow, and Gale Mote, adjunct lecturer in management and organizations, were among 30 individuals honored at the University of Iowa's annual Faculty and Staff Awards Banquet on October 7.
- Study Shows Classroom Clickers Help Students Learn by Showing Them What They Don't Know (10/08/2014)
Students learn more in class when faculty members use clickers to assess what the students are learning, a new study from the University of Iowa suggests.
- UI Officials Tout Economic Development Initiatives (10/07/2014)
University of Iowa officials on Monday spelled out the university's collective efforts for supporting small businesses and entrepreneurs, cultivating Iowa’s workforce, and putting the state on the path to economic prosperity.
- UI Study Finds Visiting Clinics Make Cancer Care More Accessible to Rural Iowans (10/03/2014)
A decade-old change in Medicare reimbursement policy for chemotherapy drugs has actually increased rural Iowan’s access to cancer care, according to a new study co-authored by Thomas Gruca, professor of marketing.
- Tippie Society Campaign Challenge Announced (09/12/2014)
In fall 2014, Henry (BSC49) and Patricia Tippie announced an ambitious challenge to alumni and friends of the Tippie College of Business. To inspire more high-impact gifts, and to help the college reach its For Iowa. Forever More. campaign goal of $125 million, the Tippies will give up to $15 million to the college by matching gifts of $1 million or more.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Excellence Fund Created (09/10/2014)
Partners and Tippie alumni with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in Chicago have created the PricewaterhouseCoopers Excellence Fund with initial pledges of $300,000 to support faculty research and graduate students. PwC representatives made the surprise announcement at a recent alumni event in Chicago.
- College Names New Alumni Director (09/10/2014)
Ashley Funkhauser has joined the Tippie College as the assistant director of alumni relations. She will responsible for building relationships, coordinating events, and communicating with the college’s more than 46,000 living alumni.
- U.S. News Ranks Tippie 22nd Among Public Undergraduate Business Programs (09/09/2014)
The Henry B. Tippie College of Business ranks 22nd among best public undergraduate business programs, according to the latest rankings by U.S. News & World Report. Tippie also placed 34th among all public and private universities.
- Tippie Welcomes New Students (08/20/2014)
We're excited to welcome new students, parents, faculty, and staff to the #Tippie community!
- The Flipped Classroom (08/18/2014)
After spending the majority of his academic career learning in the traditional format—lectures in class, readings and homework out of class—Ethan Perkins, Central Control States market manager for Stoli Group USA in Des Moines, was initially wary of Jon Garfinkel’s unconventional education methods. Garfinkel, professor of finance and Henry B. Tippie Research Fellow, teaches from a reversed perspective—flipping the problem-solving side of class into the classroom and pre-recording his lectures (which often replace readings) for listening and playback online, which the students must do outside of class.
- The Henry Fund: Launching Careers for 20 Years (08/15/2014)
For two decades, the Henry Fund—the core focus of the Applied Securities Management course in the Full-time MBA Program—has done more than live up to the promise of hands-on education. It set a trend, won awards, and provided close to 30 student scholarships. In addition, it has become a prestigious résumé enhancement sought after by MBA program applicants as well as corporate recruiters.
- Brown Named Associate Dean of the Tippie Undergraduate Program (08/04/2014)
Tippie College of Business Dean Sarah Gardial is proud to announce the appointment of Kenneth G. Brown to the position of associate dean of the Tippie College’s Undergraduate Program. Brown is replacing Tippie Clinical Professor Lon Moeller, who has accepted the position of associate provost for undergraduate education. Brown began his new role on August 5.
- Tippie Launches Graduate Business Analytics Certificate (07/29/2014)
“Big data” sounds glamorous, but for most businesses, making sense of their ever-growing data remains elusive.