- Tippie Welcomes New Students (08/20/2014)
We're excited to welcome new students, parents, faculty, and staff to the #Tippie community!
- The Flipped Classroom (08/18/2014)
After spending the majority of his academic career learning in the traditional format—lectures in class, readings and homework out of class—Ethan Perkins, Central Control States market manager for Stoli Group USA in Des Moines, was initially wary of Jon Garfinkel’s unconventional education methods. Garfinkel, professor of finance and Henry B. Tippie Research Fellow, teaches from a reversed perspective—flipping the problem-solving side of class into the classroom and pre-recording his lectures (which often replace readings) for listening and playback online, which the students must do outside of class.
- Brown Named Associate Dean of the Tippie Undergraduate Program (08/04/2014)
Tippie College of Business Dean Sarah Gardial is proud to announce the appointment of Kenneth G. Brown to the position of associate dean of the Tippie College’s Undergraduate Program. Brown is replacing Tippie Clinical Professor Lon Moeller, who has accepted the position of associate provost for undergraduate education. Brown began his new role on August 5.
- Tippie Launches Graduate Business Analytics Certificate (07/29/2014)
“Big data” sounds glamorous, but for most businesses, making sense of their ever-growing data remains elusive.
- Jerre Stead Named Chairman of the American Writers Museum Foundation (07/22/2014)
- UI Hosts Innovation Institute: Tech, Entrepreneurship Camp (07/22/2014)
West High junior Michael Abdo is fascinated by science and technology.
- UI and JPEC Bring Startup Program to Des Moines (07/16/2014)
A year-old pilot program at the University of Iowa that helps entrepreneurs learn about a popular method of startup businesses will come to Des Moines in September. But first, the directors of Venture School want to have a sort of coming-out party.
- Top Iowa High School Students Learn Entrepreneurial Skills at UI Camp (07/07/2014)
The Innovation Institute will draw 20 top high school students from across Iowa to participate in a two-week intensive summer program where they’ll learn technical and entrepreneurial skills to create their own working apps, which could earn them seed money to fund their own startup technology companies.
- Undergraduate Program Ranks #49 by Poets & Quants (07/01/2014)
The University of Iowa's undergraduate program in the Tippie College of Business ranks #49 in the nation, according to Poets & Quants' Top 100 Undergraduate Business Programs.
- Stock Prognosticators? (06/11/2014)
A first of its kind study by researchers at the University of Iowa suggests Yahoo’s finance message boards have a small degree of ability to predict stock price movements.
- Berg Receives 2014 Michael J. Brody Award (06/09/2014)
Joyce Berg, professor of accounting and the Pioneer Hi-Bred Research Fellow, received a 2014 Michael J. Brody Award for Faculty Excellence in Service.
- Then & Now: PBB at 20 (06/02/2014)
The Pappajohn Business Building is celebrating its 20th birthday — it is still the gorgeous facility it was when it opened in spring 1994.