- Throwing Down, All the Way to the Top (09/30/2015)
Every once in awhile, Melissa Myers will grab people and throw them around.
- Getting an A in Burritos (09/22/2015)
UI marketing students help develop new marketing campaign for Iowa City-based Pancheros’ expansion to East Coast.
- Kathleen Dore-Henry B. Tippie Women's MBA Leadership Program (09/22/2015)
The business world is at a crossroads regarding leadership development efforts for female students.
- U.S. News Ranks Tippie 22nd Among Public Undergraduate Business Programs (09/09/2015)
The Tippie College of Business ranks 22nd among best public undergraduate business programs, according to the latest rankings by U.S. News & World Report. Tippie also placed 34th among all public and private universities.
- Frontier Co-op Exec Talks Social Responsibility (09/09/2015)
Tony Bedard, CEO of Frontier Natural Products Co-op, will speak about the trends in sustainability and social responsibility in local markets. The executive humanitarian will present in Macbride Hall at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30. The event is free and open to the public.
- Putting the Community in Coffee (08/31/2015)
Tara Cronbaugh started her first business when she was 21 years old. She had a business plan, roughly $3,000 in her checking account, and the passion to create a community in Iowa City.
- A Helping Hand (08/27/2015)
To some people, making money may be their primary objective. For others, it’s recognition. But for Molly Redenbaugh, making an impact and connecting with others are her real goals.
- Food is Community (08/24/2015)
More Americans than ever before are supporting their local food markets, and it’s not just because they believe the food is fresher and tastes better.
- Oh, the Places You'll GLO: Exploring Business Around the Globe (08/14/2015)
Tippie’s not just in the middle of the country—we’re in the middle of the world.
- Former NFL Kicker, Tippie Alum Helps Downtown Iowa City Thrive (08/11/2015)
When Nate Kaeding was injured as a kicker for the San Diego Chargers, he didn’t want his legacy to be a retired football player. At 31, he started looking for a passion outside of kicking a football.
- From Iowa City to China (08/10/2015)
Business teaches English to children in China with tutors in Iowa City.
- Dean Gardial Endorses Initiative to Encourage More Women Business Majors (08/05/2015)
The University of Iowa Tippie College of Business has endorsed a White House initiative designed to encourage more women college students to consider majoring in business.
- An Appetite for Apps (07/30/2015)
When the iPhone App Store first opened in July 2008, there were 800 mobile computer software applications available for users to download and run on smartphones, tablet computers, and other mobile devices. Since then, the market for apps has exploded — as of September 2014, there were 1.3 million. As one might expect, Tippie students and alumni are among the app developers creating the wildly popular and useful software. Many were residents in the Bedell Entrepreneurial Learning Laboratory (BELL), a business incubator for entrepreneurial students.
- The Tippie RISE Experience (07/23/2015)
Tippie announced its new Tippie RISE program earlier this summer. Each incoming Tippie student must complete at least one of the four Tippie RISE experiences: research, internship, study abroad or experiential course. These four seniors at Tippie completed one or more of each. By doing a Tippie RISE experience, they each became more knowledgeable of the business world, and will use that experience to further themselves in their career.
- Researching Research (07/23/2015)
Jia Liu wanted to know for sure she was prepared to go into research, so she decided trying it out as an undergraduate could help her make her decision to become a Ph.D. student after graduation.
- Orientation 2015 (07/22/2015)
Another summer of University of Iowa's orientation passed by, leaving thousands of freshmen ready to head to classes in the fall. Our Tippie direct admits shared photos and their own stories throughout the summer.
- Learning About the Real Business World (07/22/2015)
Ryan Rodriguez needed internships to make himself look better to employers—to give himself a competitive edge—but two internships later, he thinks they are more than just resume builders.
- Taking Business Outside of the Classroom (07/22/2015)
Alex Stephens knew she wanted to become a lawyer for entrepreneurs before she took Bob Walker’s experiential course, but the class made her even more motivated to go to law school.
- Experiencing Life and Business Abroad (07/22/2015)
After spending an entire school year abroad and a little extra time to travel around Europe, Eric Bundy realized on his plane ride home that studying abroad was the best experience of his life.
- RAGBRAI is a Classroom for UI Entrepreneurial Students (07/20/2015)
It’s not everyday that a town like Solon has thousands of bike riders passing slowly through their town, checking out the ambience and its quant charm, but that’s what will happen on Friday, when Solon is a pass-through town for this year’s RAGBRAI bicycle ride.
- Ranked No. 2 Worldwide: Tippie's MBA Finance Program Gets Noticed by Financial Times (07/16/2015)
Iowa named #31 nationally, #1 in U.S. salary increase.
- In Agreement (07/16/2015)
When Jennifer Marietta-Westberg, PhD00, reflects on the trajectory of her career at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, she recognizes the importance of one simple three-letter word: YES.
- Martial Art (07/16/2015)
What does judo have to do with business education?
- Cathy Zaharis: Always Learning (07/16/2015)
Two degrees hang on her wall, yet Cathy Zaharis feels she has been paid to study every day for nearly 30 years.
- Life After Tippie (07/14/2015)
Life after graduation can take former students in all different directions. Sometimes the transition from college to the "real world" is simple, but not always. We caught up with a few Tippie graduates to see how post-grad life is treating them.
- Accounting Faculty Highlights (07/09/2015)
Meet our accounting faculty and discover little known facts—from who loves Seinfeld to who collects PenDelfin rabbits.
- From Front Lines to Bottom Lines (07/09/2015)
The Apache helicopter has been called one of the most sophisticated developments in the history of war. Its heavily armed exterior and lethal agility have made it the premier combat helicopter for the U.S. Army.