Entrepreneur Lecture Series Begins New Season with M&A Discussion Sept. 28
Tonsfeldt's lecture, "Organizing the Growth Company for Success," begins at 4 p.m. in Room 2117, Medical Education Research Facility (MERF). Admission is free and open to the public. Those interested in attending should RSVP by Sept. 26 by visiting www.iowajpec.org or calling 319-335-1022.
Tonsfeldt is an attorney with the firm Heller Ehrman LLF of Menlo Park, Calif., whose Silicon Valley practice focuses primarily on the representation of publicly traded and privately held companies in both domestic and cross-border merger and acquisition transactions, leveraged buyout transactions, and other similar transactions. Over the past several years, Tonsfeldt has led lawyer teams in acquisition transactions having an aggregate value in excess of $60 billion. Among the firms he's represented are Yahoo!, Cisco Systems, Microsoft, IBM, Alcatel, Intel, Oracle, Qualcomm, Nokia, Merck, and Time Warner.
The Entrepreneurial Ventures Group (EVG) promotes faculty entrepreneurship and technology commercialization at UI and throughout the state. EVG presentations are open to faculty, staff and community members interested in education, networking and supporting faculty entrepreneurship and technology commercialization activities. This interdisciplinary partnership includes the Henry B. Tippie College of Business, Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, College of Engineering, College of Law, University of Iowa Research Foundation, and Office of the Vice President of for Research. EVG programs are also part of Iowa Centers for Enterprise: Business & Commercialization Services, which integrates existing economic development activities at UI and is sponsored by Iowa State Bank & Trust Company.
Future speakers in this year's EVG lecture series include:
- Oct. 25: Dr. Jim Ashton, Poco Graphite, Inc. and Ashton and Associates, "Innovation in Financing a Deal: A Case Study of Engineered Products." 4 to 5:30 p.m., S401 Pappajohn Business Building (PBB).
- Nov. 30: Dr. Joseph Falkson, Native American Capital, LP. "Native American Capital: New Partnerships in Academic Entrepreneurship." 4 to 5:30 p.m., S401 Pappajohn Business Building (PBB).
- Feb. 22: Dr. Matthew Howard, professor of neurosurgery, University of Iowa, "Discovering Value: Ideas to IPO." 4 to 5:30 p.m., 2117 MERF.
- March 29: Tim Bechen, Kenyon & Kenyon LLP, "Current Trends in IP Commercialization." 4 to 5:30 p.m., 2229 Seamans Center (SC).
- April 26: Bill Van Sant, Paladin & Norwest Equity Partners, "Proof of Concept: Prototype Development & Market Validation." 4 to 5:30 p.m., S401 Pappajohn Business Building.
Contact: Amber Nienow, John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center, 319-335-0959