SBDC Offers Franchising Seminar April 7
Rob Gettemy, a strategic franchise advisor, will present the seminar Thursday, April 7 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room W401, the MidAmerican Energy Colloquium, located in the Pappajohn Business Building, corner of Clinton and Market streets, on the UI campus.
Topics to be discussed include:
- The definition, history and myths of franchising
- Franchising regulations
- What a business owner gets when buying a franchise
- What a business owner gives when joining a franchise system
- The costs of franchise business ownership
- How to find what you want from franchise ownership
- How to thoroughly research a franchise
Gettemy is president of FranNet of Iowa and Nebraska. He conducts dozens of seminars a year on franchising in conjunction with outplacement firms, small business development centers, local chambers of commerce, and colleges and universities. In addition, Gettemy provides free consultation to prospective entrepreneurs from Iowa, Nebraska and Western Illinois.
There is a $25 registration fee for the seminar. To register, contact the UI SBDC Office at 319-335-3742 or email email@example.com to register.
Contact: Paula McMartin, Small Business Development Center, 319-335-3742