Richard M. TubbsAssociate Professor Emeritus - May 2007
W316 Pappajohn Business Bldg
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242- 1994
- PhD in Business Administration, University of Florida, 1988
- MS in Accounting, Illinois State University, 1983
- MA in Guidance, Illinois State University, 1973
- BA in English, Kalamazoo College, 1971
- Auditor Judgment and Decision Making
- Experimental accounting research
- An examination of the descriptive validity of the belief-adjustment model and alternative attitudes to evidence in auditing (with E. Bamber; R. Ramsay; R. Tubbs), Accounting, Organizations and Society, Vol. 22 (April/May), 1997, 249-268.
- The effects of audit risk and information importance on auditor memory during working paper review (with G. Sprinkle), Accounting Review, Vol. 73 (October), 1998, 475-502.
- Analysis of diagnostic tasks in accounting research using signal detection theory (with R. Ramsay), Behavioral Research in Accounting, Vol. 17, 2005.
Work in Progress
- Experimental tests of a descriptive theory of audit risk judgment (with S. Vandervelde; A. Schepanski; W. Messier).
- An examination of the common measures bias in balanced scorecard performance evaluation (with C. Wilkinson).
- The effect of task interdependence and type of incentive contract on goal commitment and group performance (with R. Guymon, R. Balakrishnan).