JaeHwan KwonGraduate Assistant
- PhD in Marketing, University of Iowa, expected in May, 2015
- MS in Integrated Marketing, New York University, 2010
- MBA in Marketing, Yonsei University, 2007
- BS in Environmental Science, Korea University, 2004
- Consumer Evaluative Judgment, Attitude/Persuasion, Eye-tracking, Social Cognition/Judgment
- Haring Symposium Fellow, 2014
- Mittelstaedt Doctoral Symposium Fellow, 2013
- Ponder Summer Fellowship, University of Iowa, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Hyundai Motors Marketing Forum & Competition; award winner ($10,000), 2005
- Amore Pacific Marketing Strategy Competition Award; award winner, 2005
Work in Progress
- "Strength Without Elaboration: The Role of Implicit Self-Theories in Forming and Accessing Attitude," Status: Invited to revision at Journal of Consumer Research (with Dhananjay Nayakankuppam).
- “Does a Creative Designer Necessarily Translate into Creative Design?” Invited to revision at Creativity and Innovation Management (with Moonkyu Lee, Hae-Ryong Kim).
- “The Nature of Evaluative Judgment: The Construction and Retrieval as Moderated by Attitude Strength (CARMAS) Model of Evaluative Judgment, Status: Working paper available. Target: Journal of Personality and Social Psychology (with Dhananjay Nayakankuppam, Joseph Priester, Richard Petty, Leigh Anne Novak).
- “A Big Fish in a Little Pond: The Influence of Implicit Self-Theory on Statistical Inference,” Status: Working paper available. Target: Psychological Science. (with Dhananjay Nayakankuppam).
- “An Eye-Tracking Study: Entity Theorists’ Biased Information Processing Against Counter-Persuasion,” Status: Working on the final manuscript. Target: Journal of Marketing Research (with Dhananjay Nayakankuppam, William Hedgcock).
- “Visual Cognition, Embodied Cognition, and Categorization,” Status: Three studies completed (with Dhananjay Nayakankuppam).
- “Post–Choice Attitude Change: The Law of Conservation of Attitudes,” Status: Two studies completed (with Dhananjay Nayakankuppam).
- “The Effect of Changes in Product-Spec Representations on Consumers’ Evaluative Judgments,” Status: Two studies completed (with Dhananjay Nayakankuppam).
Review and Editorial Work
- Referee, (Trainee Reviewer), Journal of Consumer Research , 2013-current
- Referee, (Grant), ECGPS, University of Iowa, 2013
- Referee, (Conference), Association for Consumer Research, 2012-current
- Referee, (Conference), Society for Consumer Psychology, 2013-current
- “Strength without Elaboration: The Role of Implicit Self-Theories in Forming and Accessing Attitudes", Haring Symposium, Indiana University, 2014
- "A Big Fish in a Little Pond: The Influence of Implicit Self-Theory on Statistical Inference", Jakobsen Conference, University of Iowa, 2014
- “Strong Attitudes Without Elaboration: The Threshold Difference Effect”, Association for Consumer Research, Chicago, IL, 2013
- “Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? I Do: Implicit Self-Theories and Attitude Strength” , Association for Consumer Research, Vancouver, BC, 2012
- “Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? I Do: The Role of Implicit Self-Theories in Forming and Accessing Attitude” , Society for Consumer Psychology, Las Vegas, NV, 2012
- “More than New, Creative Design Solution: Factors Necessary for Delivering a Creative Design in the New Product Development Process” , Association for Consumer Research, Saint Louis, MO, 2011
- Developing evaluation measurement for government-owned companies , KPC (Korea Productivity Center), 2006
- Developing measurement of corporate social responsibility, KLDC (Korea Land Development Corporation), 2006
- Developing measurement models for new product designs of mobile phones , LG Electronics, 2005
- Planning a market launching strategy for Tosca, GM’s new mid-sized sedan in Korea, GM Korea, 2005
- Designing a line extension strategy for an existing brand, Dong-Hwa Nature Flooring Co., Ltd., 2005
- Making market forecasts for the new Digital Multimedia Broadcasting service in Korea, SK Telecom, 2004
- Conducting customer satisfaction research, DaeHong Communications, 2004
- Creating a service innovation strategy and competitive advantages, KPS (Korea Postal Service), 2004