Brian McCormickGraduate Assistant
Management & Organizations
- PhD (expected spring 2014) in Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management, University of Iowa
- BA in English, Luther College, 1997
- human performance
- leadership and interpersonal influence
- individual differences
- Iowa Presidential Graduate Fellow
- Ponder Research Fellowship
- Phi Beta Kappa
- *McCormick, B., *Courtright, S., *Postlethwaite, B., Reeves, C., & Mount, M. A meta-analysis of sex differences in physical ability: Revised estimates and strategies for reducing differences in selection contexts, Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 98, 2013, 623-641.
- Academy of Management, 2009-present
- Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 2009-present
- McCormick, B., Li, N., Chiaburu, D., & Zhang, X. (2013). Worker prosocial motivation: Responses to customers in an experience sampling study. Paper to be presented at the annual meeting of the Academy of Management. Orlando, FL.
- Courtright, S., Colbert, A. E., Thurgood, G., & McCormick, B. (2013). When empowering leadership is perceived as passive-avoidant leadership: The role of leader extraversion. To be presented at the Academy of Management. Orlando, FL.
- Courtright, C., Gardner, R., McCormick, B., & Smith. T. (2013). Family-work conflict and abusive supervision: The moderating role of gender. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Houston, TX.
- McCormick, B., Colbert, A., Stewart, G., & Guay, R. (2012). Proactive personality and proactive performance: Perspectives on person-situation interactions. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Academy of Management. Boston, MA.
- Postlethwaite, B., Courtright, S. H., McCormick, B., & Mount, M. K. (2011). Sex differences in physical ability: Implications for adverse impact. Presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Chicago, IL.