The choice is clear.
One of the biggest advantages of attending the Tippie College of Business is the network and resources available not only here but also within the larger University of Iowa community. Those resources include the Pomerantz Career Center, UI International Programs, the IOWA Centers for Enterprise, the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center, leading medical and health research centers, the College of Law, and more.
Tippie students also have access to a network of faculty, students, and alumni that spans many fields of study and areas of the country and the world. These connections create a well-developed pathway for Tippie students to gain access to internships, fellowships, employment, and more.
Our programs are noteworthy for many reasons. Here are just a few of them:
- Ninety-three percent of Tippie's undergraduate business students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
- The undergraduate program is consistently ranked among top public programs by U.S. News and World Report.
- The Tippie College of Business offers the only top-ranked MBA program in Iowa.
- Approximately 55 to 60 students start the M.Ac. Program each year, and the CPA exam pass rate for graduates of our program far exceeds the national average.
- Because our Ph.D. programs are comparatively small, students benefit from close interactions with a research- and teaching-oriented faculty.
Members of our distinguished faculty conduct research in a variety of fields, publish regularly in top business journals, and serve as consultants to companies throughout the region and the world. Professor Erik Lie was named to Time magazine's Most Influential List for his work in options backdating; Marketing Professor Cathy Cole works extensively in South America investigating market entry strategies in Brazil for a prominent Fortune 500 company; and the list goes on.
Tippie is home to innovative programs such as the Bedell Entrepreneurship Learning Laboratory, which provides private offices for students who want to bring new ideas and new products to market. Other innovative programs include the Vaughan Institute of Risk Management and Insurance, the Hawkinson Institute of Business Finance, the Iowa Electronic Markets, and more.
The Unexpected Advantages
We all understand that business demands its own distinctive writing form. Drawing on the expertise of the internationally recognized Iowa Writers' Workshop, the Tippie College is uniquely situated to provide unparalleled written and oral communication instruction through the Judith R. Frank Business Communication Center, dedicated to students enrolled in the Tippie College. This center utilizes the Writing-Across-the-Curriculum curriculum; provides direct consultation to professors and students in targeted courses; offers a variety of short courses on business communication skills; provides students with peer tutoring, drop-in consultation on writing projects, and virtually unlimited access to writing experts.