Tools That Bring Theory to Life
The college uses technology as a tool to bring theory to life and to keep students informed about what is going on at the University of Iowa and in the world of business. We offer wireless access throughout the John Pappajohn Business Building, and electronic kiosks display the latest news and events, including the financial markets.
Tippie students have access to:
- the second largest computer lab on the University of Iowa campus where there are more than 100 computers. Business students receive preferential access to the lab from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.;
- business-oriented software and access to numerous financial databases;
- 20 email stations where students can log on to check class schedules or specific class assignments, grades, and course work;
- more than two dozen Tablet PCs;
- software to schedule appointments with their advisors online;
- Bloomberg terminal, located in the third-floor library, which allows business students to monitor and analyze market data in real time;
- video editing equipment. Video editing assistance is available from Tippie staff, if needed;
- equipment from the Stead Technology Services Group, such as video cameras, MP3 recorders, and projectors. Stead staff are available to offer assistance in web development for individuals and student organizations; and
- a dedicated computer lab for business analytics and information systems (BAIS) majors.