Request for Individual Review for Direct Admission
To be eligible to request an individual review, you must:
- Have applied to the University of Iowa and been admitted as a prebusiness major.
- Have met either the direct admission criterion of an ACT composite score of 27 or above (SAT critical reading and math score of 1210 or above) or a high school GPA of 3.70 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- Eligibility to request an individual review is based on ACT composite scores or equivalent SAT scores; super scores may not be used.
- Applicants that have a cumulative high school GPA below 3.4 must also fax or email a current copy of their high school transcript along with the request for individual review. Fax the transcript to (319) 335-3692, or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTENTION: individual review committee, for direct admission.
- Students admitted to the Tippie College through individual review who do not meet one of the direct admission criteria after official test scores and transcripts are received will have their direct admission status revoked.
You will need to provide an admission essay with your request.
Your admission essay should include (a) academic qualifications that support direct admission to the Tippie College and (b) past experiences that illustrate your potential for contribution to the Tippie College, both in and out of the classroom. We encourage you to include school and community activities, leadership experiences, employment experiences, or honors and awards where appropriate. The length of your admission essay should be from 500 to 1,000 words.
Requests for individual reviews for Fall 2014 admission will be accepted through August 1, 2014.