Global Engagement Student Advisory Board
Started in 2013, GESAB serves as a student advisory board to the Undergraduate Program Office on undergraduate internationalization efforts. In its first year, GESAB recommended the introduction of an undergraduate buddy program in the College, spearheaded efforts to recognize International Education Week, and organized events for Global Perspectives Day during Roadmap Rally Week.
GESAB’s fourteen student members reflect the diversity of the undergraduate student body. Members agree to serve for at least a one-year term on the board (October through October). Members meet monthly as a large group and more frequently in smaller sub-committee planning groups.
Applications for new members are taken from August to late September, with interviews for new members taking place in early October. Any student in good standing admitted to the Tippie College of Business is eligible to apply.
Global Engagement Grant Funding
In a new initiative, GESAB has allocated part of its budget to promoting global perspective programming in the College of Business. Tippie-affiliated student organizations are eligible to apply for grant funding, not to exceed $500, to support a collaborative event or program with at least two Tippie organizations that rasises the global perspective of the Tippie student body.
The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 30. Proposals will be reviewed in the following week, with the recipient(s) announced on Friday, February 6.
- Proposals must include a collaboration between at least two Tippie-affiliated student organizations. Preference will be given to collaborations that include at least one traditionally diverse or internationally-focused student organization.
- Proposals should be submitted by one person, on behalf of all organizations involved.
- Students who are members of GESAB may not be inovlved in the grant proposal process.
- Grant funding will not be awarded in a lump sum. Rather, students will need to work with the UPO to have the relevant costs covered through UPO funds (such as by use of the UPO Procurement Card). The UPO will provide guidance and assistance on this.
- Total grant funding available is $500. As such, requests for less than $500 may result in our ability to award more grants.
For questions about the grant process or to learn more about GESAB, please contact Jennifer Blair, Assistant Director for Global Community Engagement.