Global Engagement Student Advisory Board (GESAB)
GESAB serves as a student advisory board to Tippie's Undergraduate Program Office to promote a culture of inclusivity and global awareness both in and out of the classroom.
Applications are now being accepted for open seats on the 2016-2017 board. The deadline to apply is April 22 at 5 p.m.Apply Now
GESAB's 14 student members reflect the diversity of the undergraduate student body. Members agree to serve for at least a one-year term on the board (September through September) and meet monthly as a large group and more frequently in smaller sub-committee planning groups.
GESAB has led the following initiatives since its start in Fall 2013:
- Creating the International Buddies at Tippie Program (#TippieBuddies)
- Hosting the Global Engagement Leaders workshop in Spring 2015
- Raising awareness of our diverse perspectives through International Education Week and Launch Week events
- Advising various campus constituents on issues of international student integration
Any student in good standing admitted to the Tippie College of Business is eligible to apply. The selection process is competitive. Successful applicants typically share these characteristics:
- Commitment to global awareness, demonstrated through study abroad, student organization memberships, volunteer work, and other activities that foster cross-cultural connections
- Enthusiasm for programming, planning, and brainstorming new ideas for the college
- Strong communication skills
- Good academic performance (typically 2.8 GPA and above)