Leadership is any role that allows you to work with others toward accomplishing a common goal. Some examples:
- Executive position in a student organization;
- Leading a team toward completing a class project;
- Volunteering in your community;
- Competing as part of a team at a national undergraduate business competition;
- Taking initiative at your part-time job or internship.
The broad spectrum of skills you can gain from leadership experiences are all valued by employers. Examples include:
Get Started Here
- Attend Tippie Fest held each fall and Tippie Clubbing held each spring to learn about the student organizations in the Tippie College of Business.
- Learn more about national conferences and competitions open to undergraduate business students.
- The Student Leadership Institute is a great way to begin to develop your leadership skills.
- Participate in Iowa's Leadershape to enhance your leadership skills.