Funding your study abroad experience can come from a combination of financial aid, merit-based scholarships and/or need-based grants. Tippie students have access to aid from both the Tippie College of Business as well as the University of Iowa's International Programs.
University of Iowa International Programs Scholarships
Scholarship support is the most tangible expression of the university's commitment to increasing the number of students who study/conduct research abroad. Different sets of merit-based scholarshps and need-based grants are available to students studying abroad for a semester/academic year and for students studying abroad during the summer/winter sessions (or other short periods of time). There are also diversity and other UI scholarships and serveral significant external awards that support study abroad.
We encourage you to apply for any awards for which you are eligible!
Claudia Marban Scholarship
The Tippie College of Business is pleased to offer an exciting scholarship opportunity—$1,425 per award period (fall/spring)—that can be applied to a Tippie international study or internship opportunity. The Claudia Marban Scholarship is open to all eligible students.
- Accepted to a Tippie College of Business-sponsored study/intern abroad program (see tippie.uiowa.edu/undergraduate/studyabroad).
- Prebusiness or business major
- Completed 45 s.h. at time of experience
- 3.0 UI/cumulative GPA and 2.75 prerequisite/business GPA
- Students of Latino heritage are especially encouraged to apply.
- November 15
- April 1