The institute strongly encourages all students to take an internship in the industry. An internship will give you a better understanding of careers in the industry, while expanding your network. Most RMI internships are paid and many offer assistance with housing.
We have many partners who offer internships and most are listed on the Pomerantz Career Center website; therefore, it is important that you join career services as soon as possible. In addition, we send out periodic updates to students informing them of internships, interviews, and mock interviews.
Listed below are some (not all) of the companies that have hired RMI interns:
- AEGON USA (Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Allied/Nationwide (Des Moines, IA)
- Arthur J. Gallagher (West Des Moines, IA)
- Continental Western (West Des Moines, IA)
- The Dana Company (West Des Moines, IA)
- EMC Insurance (Des Moines, IA)
- Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance (Grinnell, IA)
- Holmes Murphy and Associates (Des Moines, IA)
- Independent Insurance Agents of Iowa (Des Moines, IA)
- Indiana Insurance (Liberty Mutual-Des Moines, IA)
- Iowa Insurance Division (Des Moines, IA)
- Millhiser Smith Agency (Cedar Rapids, IA)
- The Principal (Des Moines, IA)
- State Farm Insurance Company (various locations)
- TrueNorth Companies (Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Swiss Re (London)
The institute is currently developing leads in other states, including Illinois (Chicago), Wisconsin, Missouri, and Minnesota.