Tuition & fees
Tuition is $665 per semester hour or $1,995 per course. The rate's the same whether you're an Iowa resident or nonresident. Tuition is reviewed annually and is subject to change.
Effective Summer 2017, Business Analytics students pay a one-time Records and Documents fee. This replaces graduation and transcript fees, as well as other Registrar fees. University of Iowa graduates are waived from this fee.
|Master's students||$225, billed with first course enrollment|
|Certificate students||$75, billed in second semester of enrollment|
If you begin as a Certificate student and later enroll in the Master's, you'll be credited the $75 and charged the full fee.
Many business analytics students receive reimbursement from their employers, either full or partial. In most of these cases, employers require proof that you've completed the class with a satisfactory grade before they reimburse the tuition. If this applies, you can defer your tuition payment until the semester's end.
Employer reimbursement deferred payment
To take advantage of this benefit, you need to complete the Employer Reimbursement Deferred Payment Agreement, located on the University Billing Office website.
Important information for students utilizing deferred payment:
- There is a $35 fee for deferral that must be paid in full by the normal U-Bill due date.
- Your employer is required to complete and sign the bottom portion of the form.
- The form can be faxed, emailed, or sent in U.S. mail.
- Submit the form before the first U-Bill is issued; after that, late payment fees may apply.
- A new agreement must be submitted each academic year.
- Your U-Bill must be paid by the due date, approximately 30 days after grades are posted in MyUI, regardless of your employer's reimbursement timing.
If your employer requires proof of a satisfactory grade in order to reimburse, there's a good chance you'll need that proof as soon as the semester's over—before the grades post to your transcript. Contact us to request a grade letter. Please include your eight-digit Student ID Number and the course(s) you completed.