Grade reports

Unofficial grades can be reviewed in MyUI. Click the grade icon under the student information section on the home page.

Official grade reports are available for viewing in MyUI once grades have been posted to university records for that semester. You can find these by following these steps:

  1. Log in to MyUI using your HawkID and password.
  2. Click on the "Student Information" tab at the top of the page.
  3. Click on "Verifications" in the right column.
  4. Select verification type “Grades/Tuition Report.”
  5. Select session (example: for spring 2016, it would be Spring 2016).
  6. Check yes or no to “Include Tuition.”
  7. Click "View."

The grade-point average displayed at the bottom of the grade report is truncated so as not to exceed 4.0. The use of "+/–" grade reporting is determined by each academic department and the instructors within those departments.

Grade of incomplete

A grade of I may be reported only if the unfinished part of your work is small, the work is unfinished for reasons acceptable to the instructor, and your standing in the course is satisfactory.

Courses may not be repeated to remove incompletes. These grades can only be removed by submitting the unfinished part of the work no later than the stated deadline during the next session of registration. Students with an incomplete from the spring semester are exempt from completing the course during the succeeding summer session. Failure to remove the I by the established deadline will result in an F being assigned.

Grade of no report

The "no report" (O) designation appearing on your permanent record must be changed to a valid grade according to the same rules that apply to "incompletes." Failure to remove the O by the specified date will result in an F being assigned for each such record the next time that you register at the University of Iowa.



An official transcript of your student record at Iowa is available from the University of Iowa's Office of the Registrar.

Request transcripts