Executive MBA Nonprofit Scholarship
The Tippie College of Business is offering a scholarship to one current or emerging leader of a qualified 501(c)3 arts, health, or human services organization who has demonstrated a commitment to serving the nonprofit sector. This scholarship award provides 50% of the total Executive MBA Program tuition. The scholarship recipient will be selected per the criteria and process outlined below.
The deadline to apply is May 31.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must first be accepted into the Executive MBA program.
- Candidates must meet all Iowa Executive MBA admissions requirements and be admitted into the program to be considered for this scholarship
- Applicants must be employed full time by a qualified 501(c)3 nonprofit arts, health, or human services organization
- Candidates must have worked in the nonprofit sector for at least 3 years
- Submit a 2-3 page (approximately 1000 words) essay addressing the following topic:
Nonprofit organizations face decreasing funding to serve increasing needs, an ever-intensifying demand to do more with less. Describe the challenges your organization is experiencing and two to three key goals to address these challenges. How will you leverage your Iowa Executive MBA experience to help your organization meet these goals?
- Preference will be given to candidates whose organizations do not have a tuition assistance program or other financial support for employees in an Executive MBA program
Process to apply
- Apply to, and be accepted into, the Iowa Executive MBA Program.
- Submit your essay in two formats: Word and PDF. Send both files to email@example.com by the scholarship deadline of May 31. In your submission email, please also include your full contact information, including phone number.
Scholarship recipient will be notified within two weeks of the scholarship application deadline.
This scholarship remains in effect for the duration of the program if the following conditions are met:
- Continued employment in qualified 501(c)3 arts, health, or human services organization throughout the duration of the program
- Must maintain continuous enrollment in the Executive MBA Program
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (4.00 scale) is achieved. Failure to meet the 2.75 GPA requirement in the first semester will result in withdrawal of the scholarship for the subsequent semester.
- Adherence to the Honor Code and Code of Conduct
- No refund of scholarship dollars will be given. Scholarship aid may be used only to help offset tuition costs and University of Iowa fees.
- Receiving the scholarship requires course completion for the semesters awarded. If you withdraw from courses before the end of the session, your scholarship may be canceled and you will be responsible for any tuition owed according to the Tuition Responsibility Schedule.