It should come as no surprise—we truly care about your professional experience.
That’s because the perspective, ideas, and leadership acumen brought to the classroom by our students is fundamental to the Executive MBA experience. Admission into the program is heavily based on each candidate’s professional background, leadership experience, and demonstrated ability to manage academic coursework at a high level. A typical Executive MBA student has at least seven years of business leadership experience.
Is an Executive MBA right for me?
How do others find the time? Is this a good fit? We’re here to provide answers.
Not everyone is suited for the Executive MBA Program, and it is one of three programs where you can earn the Iowa MBA. If you are unsure or on the fence, here are a few resources to help you find the right fit:
Full-time MBA, Professional MBA, and the Executive MBA. Which one is right for you?
Who else will be in the class with you? Review the class profile to see what the average EMBA student looks like.
Ask us to review your resume or CV. We'll give you a clear idea of how your background would fit into an EMBA class.
Requirements for admission
We’ll need a few things to review your application:
- A brief eligibility review with a program director (conducted in person or by phone)
- Completed application
- An up-to-date resume
- Transcript(s) from all postsecondary educational institutions where you earned a bachelor's degree or higher
- Essay outlining your interest and intent for an MBA degree, and how your experience will be of value to the class
- Letter of support from your sponsoring organization (if applicable)
- Letter of recommendation from a professional colleague