Take2 Deferred Admission Program
Secure admission now, start your MBA later.
If an MBA is part of your career plan, avoid the stress of balancing business school applications and your full-time job.
Secure your seat in a top-ranked MBA program and rest easy while you enter the workforce to gain valuable experience. Your spot in the Iowa MBA Program—including scholarships—will be waiting for you.
How does Take2 work?
- Take the GMAT or GRE now, while you're still in "study mode."
- Apply to the Iowa MBA Program during your senior year or shortly after graduation.
- If admitted, we'll save you a seat for two years down the road. At the same time, we'll let you know about any scholarships or financial awards you can expect when you return.
- Demonstrate two years of full-time, relevant professional work experience to finalize your admission.
Who is right for Take2?
Take2 is designed for high-achieving college seniors or recent graduates who know they want to pursue an MBA, but don’t yet have the work experience to be accepted to a top program. Undergraduate education in business is not required. The program is open to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
Successful candidates will have:
- a strong academic record
- internship or co-op experience
- demonstrated leadership potential through involvement on campus
Many Take2 candidates wait and apply after they’ve secured a job, but it's not a requirement.
Contact any one on our admissions/recruiting team; we’re happy to talk through your individual circumstances to see if Take2 is right for you.