Safeguard your career future
While there's no such thing as a sure thing, Tippie's Risk Management & Insurance (RMI) Certificate is a solid investment in your career growth.
RMI professionals help companies and individuals identify risk exposures, determine how (and how much) it could impact them, and put processes and protections in place—like insurance contracts.
Iowa is positioned among the top insurance employers in the nation, and open opportunities abound. The Risk Management & Insurance Certificate prepares you to fill these roles. You'll gain an understanding of the unique landscape of insurance along with the ability to make strategic recommendations that will help your company avoid undue risk.
All courses are offered online. Two core courses are offered in-person in Des Moines annually.
Complete four required courses
Primarily 8-week courses, meeting one night a week, no Fridays or weekends.
Time to complete
As little as 18 months, depending on course availability
$9,000 (Four courses at $2,250 each)
No entrance exam required.
- Corporate Financial Reporting*—MBA:8140
- Managerial Finance*—MBA:8180
- Corporate Risk Management and Insurance—FIN:9130**
- Enterprise Risk Management—FIN:9140
* If you're waived from course 1 or 2, you'll take the following in its place: Financial Modeling & Firm Valuation—FIN:9150; Real Estate Finance & Investment—FIN:9230; Corporate Investment and Finance Decisions—FIN:9300; Financial Statement Analysis & Forecasting—ACCT:9040, or Dynamics of Negotiations—MGMT:9110.
** Available Spring 2024
Take the next step
You can start the Risk Management & Insurance Certificate in spring or fall semester. Summer may also be an option depending on course offerings.
There is no entrance exam. See application deadlines and minimum requirements on the Admissions page.