The Tippie College of Business at the University of Iowa participated in a groundbreaking ceremony on a new shared use facility for its MBA-PM Program in the Quad Cities on Friday, May 8.
The new building, at 4620 E. 53rd St. in Davenport, will contain technologically advanced classroom and student gathering space for approximately 160 current students.
“Tippie's MBA-PM Program has been a part of the Quad Cities community for almost 50 years, and this new facility will strengthen that relationship and add even greater value to professional and economic development in the region,” says David Frasier, associate dean of Tippie's MBA programs.
8 Facts about Tippie's MBA-PM Program in the Quad Cities
- The new classroom facility will occupy the 12,000-square foot lower level of the two-story building. It will house three classrooms, five breakout rooms, one conference room and a student lounge. The first classes are expected to meet in the building by the start of the Spring 2016 semester, next January.
- The facility will be outfitted with technology that will allow it to share classes and guest speakers with the MBA-PM program locations in Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, providing students at all three facilities with even more educational opportunities.
- The program has been offered in the Quad Cities for 50 years next January, with classes first offered in 1966. The Quad Cities was also the Tippie MBA’s first remote site, which now includes Cedar Rapids and Des Moines.
- Classes are currently taught on the campus of Palmer College of Chiropractic. Before that, the program’s home was the Quad Cities Graduate Studies Center at Augustana College, and then the Kahl Building in downtown Davenport.
- Since 2004, more than 500 students have graduated from the Quad Cities program, and they work at such Quad Cities-area employers as Deere & Co., ALCOA, Montgomery-Kone, Rock Island Arsenal, Riverboat Development Authority, AllSteel, and HNI.
- US News & World Report ranks the Tippie MBA-PM program 24th among part-time MBA programs in the nation, making it the highest ranked part-time MBA program in Iowa.
- The MBA-PM program is designed for working professionals, with classes offered primarily in the evenings, but also include online, weekend, and study abroad options. The flexible plan of study is designed to be completed in two to 10 years, so students can proceed at their own pace.
- Forty percent of the coursework is made up of electives courses, so MBA students can customize their experience. Students can choose from courses in leadership, strategy, marketing, finance, analytics, operations, entrepreneurship, or international business.