- Alice Rivlin to Discuss Health Care Affordability in UI Lecture (04/15/2014)
Alice Rivlin, former Clinton budget advisor and cofounder of the Congressional Budget Office, will discuss health care reform and affordability in a lecture at the University of Iowa on Monday, April 28.
- Students Recognized with Diversity Awards (04/11/2014)
The University of Iowa Chief Diversity Office invites members of the UI campus and community to celebrate distinctive and innovative diversity contributions at the 15th annual Diversity Catalyst Award Reception.
- Tippie Students Receive 2014 Stanley Awards (04/11/2014)
Two Tippie students are among 24 University of Iowa students who have received Stanley Awards for International Research to conduct research abroad or pursue learning activities in international studies that are not available on the UI campus.
- Tippie Receives Accreditation from AACSB (04/08/2014)
The University of Iowa's Tippie College of Business has been notified that its accreditation has been approved by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the longest serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, master's, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting.
- Tippie College Presents Alumnus and Young Alumnus of the Year Awards (04/04/2014)
The Tippie College of Business at the University of Iowa has launched a new alumni awards program to recognize accomplished alumni who are engaged in the life of the college.
- Risk Management Student Receives Anita Benedetti Grant (03/31/2014)
Tippie student Ali Rosenberg has received the 2014 Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program grant from RIMS, the risk management society.
- Research Finds Soda Tax Does Little to Curb Obesity (03/24/2014)
A new study co-authored by a University of Iowa researcher suggest that extra sales taxes on soda do nothing to improve people’s health or reduce obesity.
- Art Durnev Receives Best Paper Award (03/13/2014)
Art Durnev, associate professor of finance and Henry B. Tippie Research Fellow, conducted research revealing corporate social responsibility investment is associated with lower risk in company stock prices during economic downturns. Durnev’s research recently received the Best Paper award by the European Corporate Governance Institute.
- Durnev an Expert Source on the Crisis in Ukraine (03/06/2014)
The University of Iowa has experts available to comment on the crisis in Ukraine. Here are several who represent a wide range of areas and are happy to respond to media requests.
- We Are Tippie. We Are Phil. (03/04/2014)
University of Iowa President Sally Mason spoke to members of the Tippie College of Business faculty and staff Monday, March 3, congratulating the college on achieving a 91 percent participation rate in the UI's first annual We Are Phil faculty and staff giving program. With 193 of the college's 213 faculty and staff making a financial contribution to the UI during the program launch, the Tippie College of Business led all UI colleges and units in participation.
- Tippie Magazine Receives American Advertising Award (02/25/2014)
The Tippie College’s alumni magazine received a silver award in this year’s American Advertising Awards competition. It was among nearly two dozen awards that the University of Iowa and the UI Foundation received in this year’s competition.
- Spring Career Fair Expects 155 Employers (02/24/2014)
The University of Iowa’s Spring Job and Internship Fair will be held Wednesday, Feb. 26, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the Main Lounge and Second Floor Ballroom of the Iowa Memorial Union. An expected 155 employers will attend, in search of employment and internship opportunities.
- Business Students Help Build Iowa Communities (02/19/2014)
University of Iowa marketing students are using their newfound expertise to help a pair of eastern Iowa towns build their economies by attracting new employers and new residents.
- UI Students to Provide Free Tax Services Through VITA (02/12/2014)
University of Iowa accounting and law students will again provide free tax return preparation services to qualifying persons this year as part of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
- Savoy Awarded Deloitte Fellowship (02/11/2014)
Steven Savoy, doctoral student studying accounting at the Tippie College of Business, was recognized as one of the top ten accounting Ph.D. candidates in the nation.
- Global Leadership Starts Here (02/10/2014)
An all-day workshop titled "Global leadership starts here: A U.S.-China student workshop on the undergraduate experience at Iowa" will be held from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, at the Adler Journalism Building on the University of Iowa campus.
- Bio::Neos Celebrates a Decade in Business (02/04/2014)
Bio::Neos, Inc., a provider of innovative software solutions for all areas of genetics and genomics research, is celebrating its 10th year in business.
- UI Receives $17 Million for Automotive Safety Research (02/03/2014)
The University of Iowa Public Policy Center (PPC) has received three grants totaling $17.2 million to fund automotive safety research and the development and implementation of a national education campaign to help drivers understand the safety systems in their vehicles.
- Predicting Stock Prices (01/31/2014)
A new study from the University of Iowa shows evidence that stock price movements are, in fact, predictable during short windows.