The 2016 #TippieWomen Summit, a half-day conference on female leadership, will focus on the theme of "Managing a Diverse Workforce." A variety of women business leaders will be featured at the event on Saturday, April 2 from 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in the Iowa Memorial Union and Pappajohn Business Building.
"I'm very excited about this year's summit because it's a chance for successful women leaders to strengthen the next generation of women that follow. It's a rare opportunity to speak directly with women who are typically very busy in their careers. I am most interested to learn how they handle stress and find ways to overcome tough situations," said MBA student Meganne Franks.
The agenda and speakers include:
Iowa Memorial Union, 2nd Floor Ballroom
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. - Registration
- 9:00-9:10 a.m. - Welcome from Tippie Dean Sarah Gardial
- 9:10-9:45 a.m. - Comments from Lois Eichacker, Director, Strategic Accounts & Partnerships, CVM Solutions
- 9:45-11:15 a.m. - Workshop led by Anne Parmley & Peg Kramer from Pearson
Pappajohn Business Building, 4th Floor
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Alumni Panel Discussion with participation from:
- Lois Eichacker, Director, Strategic Accounts & Partnerships, CVM Solutions
- Nicole Johnston, VP of Sales Strategy, Kimberly-Clark
- Kristin Lee, Principal, Newspring Capital
- Lura McBride, CEO, Van Meter Inc.
- Maureen Sammon, President & CEO, HomeServices Mortgages
- Sarah Gardial, Dean, Tippie College of Business
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. - Lunch provided by event sponsors
- 1:30 p.m. - Closing
The event is open to the public. Tickets are free for Women in Business and MBA Association members, Tippie faculty and staff, and $10 for the public. Online registration is open until 5:00 p.m. on March 30.
Tippie highlighted some of its female leaders—alumni, faculty, students—to celebrate Women's History Month in March. Join the conversation by using #TippieWomen.