Emmett J. Vaughan Institute of
Risk Management and Insurance
Risk management and insurance (RMI) is a vital and growing segment of our economy and essential to the economic health of Iowa and the nation. Employment demands are high and the industry is dynamic and changing rapidly. The Vaughan Institute of Risk Management and Insurance is devoted to providing University of Iowa students with the necessary skills to make a difference in the workplace and to serving the employment needs of this highly respected industry.
The Vaughan Institute offers a variety of programs that lay the groundwork for a rewarding career. The keystone of the program is the Risk Management and Insurance Certificate, which covers a variety of topics and ensures that undergraduate students have the needed knowledge for the field.
The benefits of the institute are numerous. Students gain training and guidance to stand out in this rewarding field. Employers appreciate access to a talented pool of candidates as well as the assurance that the future of the industry will be in good hands.
This partnership between the Vaughan Institute, its students, and the RMI industry enhances and builds on Iowa's legacy in risk management and insurance. Become an active partner in the Vaughan Institute and discover The Power of I.
Rod Warren Joins
Vaughan Institute Advisory Board
Rod Warren, the newest member of the Vaughan Institute Advisory Board, is president of the insurance companies and insurance agencies under the NCMIC Group umbrella, which is located in Clive, Iowa. The companies have a presence in all 50 states and provide insurance products to a variety of audiences, including professional liability coverage for physicians, dentists, chiropractors, and lawyers. Read more...
Board Members Receive
Vaughan Institute Advisory Board Members Loren Coppock and Terri Vaughan were recently honored for their service. Loren Coppock has been named to the Iowa Insurance Hall of Fame and the Association of Professional Insurance Women has chosen Terri Vaughan as the Insurance Woman of the Year. Congratulations, Terri and Loren!
- UI's Beta Alpha Gamma Iota Sigma chapter attended the International Gamma Iota Sigma Conference in Dallas from October 2-4, 2014, and came home with multiple awards for outstanding alumni relations, chapter management, and public relations. The chapter also received the "Best Kept Secret" award for constantly developing and growing without receiving much publicity.
- Clay Ottman received an award for scoring the highest average on all the exams out of 1900 CPCU new designees this year
- The Vaughan Institute Welcomes Greg Elming and TC Heath to the Advisory Board
- Young graduates establish Vaughan Institute Young Alumni Board
- Advisory Board Member, Terri Vaughan, Named to Top 100 Most Powerful People in the Insurance Industry, North America
- Read our newsletter.