Pappajohn Instructional Technology Center (ITC)
The Pappajohn ITC is one of the largest computer labs on campus. It is located in C220 Pappajohn Business Building. Phone Number: (319) 335-0872
PBB-ITC Spring 2016 Hours
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m.*
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday: noon to 5 p.m.
Sunday: noon to 1:30 a.m.
*From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Monday through Thursday, the PBB-ITC is reserved for enrolled College of Business students only.
Hardware available in the Pappajohn ITC includes:
- 127 Dell computers, each with a DVD\CD RW drive. 74 of these are Dell Optiplex 9010's with Intel Core I7 processers and 22" flat-panel monitors, 20 are Optiplex 9020's with Intel Core I5 processers and 22" flat-panel monitors and 33 are Optiplex 7020's with Intel Core I5 processers and 22" flat-panel monitors. One of these is also a Bloomberg Station.
- 2 Epson Perfection V37 scanners.
- 6 B&W Dell Laser Printers B5460dn.
- 1 Dell 3130cn Color Laser printer.
- 7 Dell Optiplex 9020 (Intel Core I5 processer) workstations in the second-floor lounge, one of these is also a Bloomberg Station. They are available whenever the building is open. You can print from these workstations to a Dell B5460dn printer located in the second floor lounge. You can also print from any of these to the printers in the PBB-ITC.
- All machines are running Windows 7 as the desktop operating system, have Microsoft Office 2013 as well as ITC and College of Business software and are connected to the University of Iowa's Active Directory network.
NOTE: You must use your HawkID to log on to the ITC workstations.
We have 6 Dell B5460dn B&W laser printers for B&W printing and one Dell 3130cn for color printing available for student use. Print accounting in the PBB-ITC is done using the University of Iowa's ITS printing system. For more information regarding this, please go to the ITS Help Desk webpage.
University of Iowa Tippie College of Business students who pay the College of Business Technology Fee have priority computer lab access at specified times. The Instructional Technology Center (ITC) in Room C202 Pappajohn Business Building (PBB) will be reserved for enrolled Tippie College students from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on Monday through Thursday while school is in session.
- Restricted hours are not enforced during the Summer Session
- Business students get priority PBB-ITC (computer lab) access
This means that even if you are taking courses at Tippie or are a prebusiness major, you are not allowed access during these times unless you have paid the special technology fee. Certain PhD programs in the college do not require that this fee be paid, and so they also do not have access during these times. You may contact the Undergraduate Program Office in C140 PBB if you have questions about your status.
Food and Drink
Please, no food in the lab. We have a beautiful facility. Let's all work to keep it that way. Enjoy your items from Pat's Diner in the diner area or in one of Pappajohn's lounge areas, but finish them before you enter the lab. If you must bring a beverage with you, please be sure it is in a covered container; if it's not, leave it at the Food/Drink table at the lab entrance. If the lab monitors find food or open containers, they have the right to remove them from the desktop areas. We are committed to providing a clean and efficient computing environment, and we will enforce these rules to do so.
The PBB ITC is a very busy place. Unfortunately, people sometimes have to wait to use a computer. Out of consideration for all ITC users:
- We do not allow computer games of any kind in the ITC.
- No user is permitted to use two workstations at the same time.
- Users who leave their workstation unattended for more than 10 minutes will have their belongings removed and kept at the lab monitor's workstation.
The PBB ITC is one of the best facilities for printing on the University of Iowa campus. Our printing policies are:
- Black-and-white printing is $0.05 per page. Color laser printing is available for $0.50 per page, for each page whether or not there is color on the page. Duplex printing is available but the cost is still $0.05 per page (side).
- Print charges will be billed to your U-bill.
- We are not responsible for refunding bad laser copies if you are responsible for the errors. To use your own paper for resumes, please use the manual feed tray.
- We encourage you to print PowerPoint files in Outline format instead of printing the graphics on each slide.
- There are 2 scanners available on a first come\first served basis. If you are not planning to use the scanner please use another machine if available.
- We do not sell CDs, DVDs or flash drives. These items may be purchased at the IMU Bookstore, Iowa Book & Supply downtown, or many other local vendors.
- Users are not permitted to install their own software for legal and technical reasons.
- Users caught installing their own software will be asked to leave the lab and may lose their privileges altogether.
- Faculty who want software installed in the ITC should consult with Stead Technology Services Group staff.
Lab Monitor Duties
- Lab monitors are here to help enforce these policies and provide software support. They aren't allowed to do your homework, so please don't ask.
- Lab monitors are responsible for:
- Handling printer problems when they arise.
- Handling computer hardware or software problems relating to functionality.
- Instructing users on how to do certain tasks like accessing email; getting onto ICON, ISIS or INSTRUCT; formatting floppy disks; using the DVD/CD burners, scanning documents, or photos at the scanner workstations; and how to transfer files using FTP.
- Assisting users with a limited number of software applications.
- Providing basic information on the various IT on campus.
- Please be courteous to your fellow classmates and do not surf the web for more than 30 minutes at a time if the ITC is busy.
- If the lab is busy and we see that a user is surfing the web for nonacademic uses, we will ask the user to come back at a less busy time.
- Please respect the feelings of other users by not displaying webpages that others can find offensive.