Globalize your resume. Gain workplace experience. Explore the world.
Get hands-on experience in an international workplace with an internship that is customized to your professional interest. Global interning will equip you with the skills and background that today’s employers want.
A $2,000 scholarship—one of the largest scholarships a student can receive for study abroad—will be awarded to 10 students participating in the Summer 2017 Tippie Global Internship Program in 11 cities around the globe. Business and pre-business students are encouraged to apply and this scholarship can be combined with additional Tippie, study abroad, and IES scholarships. Your application and essay are due by January 2 at 11:59 p.m.
Where can I go?
Our locations offer internships in a robust number of interests including: finance, accounting, marketing, HR, event planning, IT, and many more. Tippie has eleven internship locations to choose from:
Global internship preparation
All business and pre-business students enroll in a one semester hour pre-departure course—CCP:1070 Global Internship Preparation. You learn about working in different cultures, adjusting to global business practices, and exploring your new internship location. You will learn from students who have participated in the internships in the past, and ask questions about travel, safety, tips, and more. You also get to meet the other students who will be interning in your host country.
The International Education of Students Programs (IES) includes:
- Eight-week summer internship
- Guaranteed internship and personalized placement process
- Onsite housing, safety and health support, and full-time staff
- Some locations require language proficiency other than English
- Earn 3–9 semester hours, including your International and Global Issues general education requirement
Summer 2017 application deadline: December 9, 2016
To learn more:
- Attend an information session at Tippie
- Search for "IES Internships" in the Study Abroad program search to learn about cost, dates, and the application process
- Meet with an advisor in Study Abroad to start your application
- Contact Stephanie Fountain, Tippie's Assistant Director of Global Internships
Upcoming information sessions
All information sessions are in PBB S104
- Wednesday, November 30 at 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 6 at 1:30 p.m.
Besides the new Tippie Global Internship Scholarship, there are many other scholarships available to make global internships possible. Here are some resources to get you started:
- Tippie Global Scholarships
- UI Study Abroad Scholarships
- IES Summer Internship Scholarship
- Iowa Abroad Scholarship
- IES Sponsored Scholarships