Minors & certifications
Add a minor to broaden your business know-how in a second area of study, or earn a Lean Gold certification to help your resume stand out.
Iowa Full-time MBAs, including joint degree students, can minor in three areas: marketing, finance, and business analytics. Complete three courses from one of the lists below to earn a minor. You’ll need a grade of B or better in the courses to earn the minor designation.
Choose three courses from this list, in addition to completing (or waiving out of) Marketing Management (MBA:8110) with a grade of B or better.
Choose three courses from this list (including at least one starred course), in addition to completing (or waiving out of) Managerial Finance (MBA:8180) with a grade of B or better.
- Alternative Investments and Portfolio Strategies
- Putting Finance into Practice
- Corporate Financial Strategy
- Corporate Investment and Financing Decisions*
- Financial Modeling and Firm Valuation
- Fixed Income Securities
- International Finance
- Portfolio Management*
- Real Estate Finance and Investments
- Structured Finance–Securitization
- Wealth Management