We believe in the power of real work
That means MBA students, undergraduates, and doctoral students alike have hands-on project experiences to prepare them for the real world. And we do this by solving business problems for companies like yours.
Working with our students on projects has four main benefits:
- We tackle projects or explore ideas you aren’t able to resource
- You get to see our students in action, which helps you find proven talent to join your organization
- In almost all cases, projects are overseen by experienced professionals with a track record of success
- When needed, you get access to deep expertise, like PhD students organizing and diving into massive amounts of data for you
Student teams are ready to take on semester-long projects for small, local businesses and national, publicly traded companies—as well as everything in between. The nature of your project drives who at Tippie can help you move forward.
Some clients have specific business needs, like mining through 30,000 lines of insurance claim data to identify trends or evaluating a brand extension. Tippie’s centers and institutes provide consulting in the areas of business analytics, marketing, and international business.
- For data analytics projects, contact the Tippie Analytics Cooperative
- For marketing projects, contact Peggy Stover
- For finance projects, contact Amrita Nain
- For international business projects, contact Dimy Doresca
- For entrepreneurial and small business projects, contact Phil Jordan
In all other cases, work with our assistant director for economic development, who spearheads student consulting efforts at the undergraduate level. We'll talk about your needs and determine the scope of your project.
- For general project inquiries, contact Phil Jordan
MBA-level consulting projects
Full-time MBA students come to Tippie from all around the world and with several years of work experience. They're qualified and prepared to tackle cross-functional team projects coordinated by our Iowa MBA Consulting director, and marketing, finance, or business analytics-specific projects mentored by our world-class faculty.
Tackle tough business problems
Vinod Ramachandran (MBA11) and his cross-functional Iowa MBA team brought in a third-party perspective to identify the right solutions for their clients.
“I apply the frameworks from the experiences that I’ve learned at business school to implement projects for real clients today.”
His team was able to divide and conquer their areas of expertise to rationalize solutions with the entire group, find any mistakes in their plan, and deliver the highest quality solution.Read Story