Options are a very good thing
For working professionals, flexibility is everything. So we've put you in control of your Iowa MBA experience.
Classes can be completed fully online or, if you're in Iowa near Cedar Rapids or Des Moines, you can take a mix of online and in-person courses.
Both online and in-person courses typically include a live session each week. Live sessions start between 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., no Fridays or weekends. When you register for courses, you'll know the live session times for every course, so you can choose options that work best for you.
In-person courses: How they work
- Pre-recorded lecture content plus in-person sessions in Cedar Rapids or Des Moines. Most courses are 8 weeks in length though there are some 11-week options.
- No Fridays or weekends.
- In-person courses may also be offered as 5- or 3-week courses. These are taught on two weeknights (e.g. Mondays and Thursdays), or five in-class weekdays (8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.).
Online courses: How they work
- Eight-week courses with pre-recorded content plus 60- to 120-minute live sessions one night a week where students are logged in together.
- No Fridays or weekends.
- Live sessions are ideal for lively discussion, applying new knowledge, and connecting with classmates and instructors.
Set aside some "you" time
For each 8-week course, you should plan on at least 10-12 hours per week of study and coursework. This will vary weekly depending on exams, presentations, team assignments, and your previous experience with the subject.
“With little kids, I struggled with timing my MBA. In Iowa’s program, I’m able to organize my schedule so that it makes sense from a home-life and work perspective.”
We change up which elective courses are offered throughout the year. Here’s a sample of recent electives we’ve offered:
Finance & Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis and Forecasting
- Portfolio Management
- Real Estate Finance & Investments
- Corporate Investment & Finance Decisions
- Wealth Management
- Strategic Cost Analysis
- Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Communication & Promotions
- Product & Pricing Management
- Digital Marketing Insights, Strategies & Applications
- Data Programming in R
- Data Programming in Python
- Data Management & Visual Analytics
- Advanced Analytics
- People Analytics
- Data Leadership & Management
- Text Analytics
- Data Science
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Strategic Management of Technology & Innovation
- Managing the Growth Business
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Dynamics of Negotiations
- Leadership & Personal Development
- Project Management
- Managing & Preventing Conflict
- Maximizing Team Performance
- Strategic Management of Change
- Managing Employee Performance
- Agile Project Management
- Inclusive Leadership
- Law & Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability