Demystifying corporate financial decision-making
Level up your finance expertise and gain a solid understanding of how corporations make finance decisions with our four-course certificate in Corporate Finance.
We designed this certificate for you to gain the skills needed for financial planning, budgeting, project management, and plant management.
The result: a solid understanding of the complexities of finance decisions inside businesses.
Explore financial reporting instruments, managerial finance, corporate investment and financing decisions, and financial strategy in the four-course series.
All courses are offered online. Two core courses are offered in-person in Des Moines annually.
Complete four required courses
Primarily 8-week courses, meeting one night a week, no Fridays or weekends.
Time to complete
As little as 18 months, depending on course availability
$9,000 (Four courses at $2,250 each)
No entrance exam required.
This course list is valid for Corporate Finance Certificate students pursuing the certificate on its own or as part of the Iowa MBA Program.
Course 2 needs to be taken before courses 3 and 4.
- Corporate Financial Reporting*—MBA:8140
- Managerial Finance*—MBA:8180
- Corporate Investment and Finance Decisions—FIN:9300
- Corporate Financial Strategy—FIN:9310
* If you're waived from course 1 or 2, you'll take Financial Modeling & Firm Valuation—FIN:9150 in its place. If both courses are waived, you'll also take Real Estate Finance & Investments—FIN:9230.
Take the next step
You can start the Corporate Finance Certificate in spring or fall semester. Summer may also be an option depending on course offerings.
There is no entrance exam. See application deadlines and minimum requirements on the Admissions page.