Influence. Motivate. Lead.
If you still think leadership is about motivational speeches or pop-culture books, think again.
Modern-day leadership is about facilitating change, maximizing your team’s performance, influencing others, and managing conflict. And that’s precisely what a concentration in leadership covers.
At Tippie, you’ll build skills in evidence-based leadership that get you ready to inspire and motivate any team.
To earn an Iowa MBA in Leadership, complete five customized courses—some of the most popular topics taught at the Tippie College of Business. There’s no extra cost or extra time required, and you’ll graduate with an MBA plus a certificate in leadership.
Five courses are required to earn your concentration. Courses are subject to change.
- Leadership and Personal Development
- Management in Organizations
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- Dynamics of Negotiations
- Inclusive Leadership
- Law and Ethics
- Managing and Preventing Conflict
- Managing Employee Performance
- Maximizing Team Performance
- Project Management
- Strategic Management of Change
- Either Business Communication OR Leadership Communication and Story
It's possible to earn the Leadership Certificate as a stand-alone credential outside of the Iowa MBA program. To get started, you must submit a separate application. You’ll need to take the same five required courses to complete your Leadership Certificate, and you can start the certificate in any semester.